Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets get design snapshots, data conversion, VAT, shipping, stock control etc sorted out first, forget trying to help Google conquer the world.

Comment

*walks onto thread, pushes placard into the ground with the message "Bring Back v7" on it, leaves thread"
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
        lets get design snapshots, data conversion, VAT, shipping, stock control etc sorted out first, forget trying to help Google conquer the world.
        Now thats worth notice boys in the AT!
        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Now what has that got to do with getting MSNwobblyTrolley integrated?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            Now what has that got to do with getting MSNwobblyTrolley integrated?
            exactly, I have no idea....losing plot all around as v8itis strikes into brains normal functions...

Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

George will have ya, he's like the Juliet Bravo of forum police. Apart from when he goes off subject of course.

Lets play a game and get this place livened up a bit.

Whenever you answer a post, you have to answer it in another thread.

Comment

Aha - I see that answer is coming from a question on v6 forum

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

if its a question about 8.5.1 i don't think we'd even notice

Comment

Can't wait for 8.5.2

Comment

I can.....

Comment

Can't wait for 8.5.2
                        Are you sure

anyway what is google checkout???

Sorry i still think paypal is second rate, i use it because the miss guided public do, i charge for accepting it because it cost me more than my "Proper Card Processor" if you want to use it so be but i am not paying there inflated charges .

My two pennith

Comment

OK, so we have some people desperate for GC, some who don't care and Actinic who say that full integration is a massive job.

So, the only sensible answer is for a simple integration that hands processing over to GC completely. This is absolutley no problem for us and just means integrating the orders into your accounts package.

Sure, it messes up stock monitoring a bit but thats OK with me. I would very much like for Actinic to come up with a solution that adds a GC button to page 2 of checkout by which time we know where the customer lives and can provide shipping charges accordingly. It takes the customer off your site and does all the address stuff through GC. So, the customer still gets a nice easy checkout (easier indeed than paypal) and it all appears seamless to them. We just have to process orders from Google, rather than on site.

I can see that will cause problems for some but not me and many others so I would ask Actinic to please, please take this approach. It seems from what Chris B said that this is what they are looking at in the short term.

Lets just hope that V9 has a much slicker checkout altogether and these problems are resolved.

PS: Upgraded to 8.5.1 and so far no obvious problems despite much testing. Seems OK to me.
                          Blank DVD
                          Cloth Nappies

Comment

Lets just hope that V9 has a much slicker checkout altogether and these problems are resolved.
                            I take it you mean get ride of some of the pages, a wish for most people here i think. stick invoice and delivery on the same page would be good.

Comment

I'd like to see shipping options on the first page with a drop down for your location. See www.svp.co.uk . I like this checkout very much and would like to see similar. Plus, why can't we have this and then one more page with invoice and delivery address along with choice of payment method. Seems sensible to me.
                              Blank DVD
                              Cloth Nappies

Comment

I like this checkout very much and would like to see similar
                                You must be joking - its terrible:

You have to create an account
                                Its got as many stages as Actinic
                                Gives secure/insecure warnings on every page
                                Crashed before I got to the final page
                                Very slow

Comment

Working...
                                X