Group by variable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group by variable

I was under the impression that V8 would do this but I'm advised not. I'd like to give every producta set of variables like 'colour', 'size', 'material' etc and for the customer to be able to easilly see all the items in store with the variable value 'Red' for example.

I like sites like Ebuyer for example where you can see all the monitors and then drill down the detail like all TFT's, all 15" etc. This would help with things like adwords campaigns. At the moment, you can use a search string but it has no checkout buttons. I want a page with all the 15" TFT's listed and be able to group them in price order if I wish.

Maybe this is pushing the software too far but it would be a great addition.
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

It's difficult to see how this will be possible while we are still using static HTML pages online - but I have passed this on to the development team for future reference.

Comment

It's a bit of a hack, but I was wondering about the same thing this morning whilst on the John Lewis website.

It occurred to me that you could use custom variable searches and hardcode links to the variable specific searches down the side of the page and then use Norman's multicolumn search results patch to display them nicely. Only the barebones of an idea, but it could be made to work with some more thought and some elbow grease.

You could perhaps set a variable at section level and use a "block if" to restrict which of the variable searches are shown too.

Comment

Working...
      X