• Show
Clear All

then I'm really missing something
    Yes you are

Comment

Yes you are
      care to fill me in?
      Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

care to fill me in?
        Ive not got the time to sit and post a step by step guide.

Comment

Ive not got the time to sit and post a step by step guide.
          If it requires a step by step quide then my point holds true a design-snapshot up arrow in designer and design-snapshot down arrow in catalog-client would make things much simpler.
          Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

My god its not that hard to work out:

Create snapshot
            Add to additional files
            Upload Site
            Send url link to client
            Client downloads (NO ftp software required)
            Client imports

Job DONE
            Last edited by RuralWeb; 03-Sep-2007, 07:36 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

but if the client has added products in the meantime my refresh overwrites his latest upload. And the point of a design snapshot is that it only sends design elements not products.
              Wayne Theisinger

Comment

And the point of a design snapshot
                You can send any type of snapshot

Comment

but a refresh will overwrite the client's products
                  Wayne Theisinger

Comment

ah light dawns - you mean that you've got the site set to the test server.

However being as this is in the wish list forum I still think my suggestion would be intuitive and easier for the client and the designer.
                    Wayne Theisinger

Comment

Upload then - typo

Comment

However being as this is in the wish list forum I still think my suggestion would be intuitive and easier for the client and the designer
                        As I said in my first post - "you can do most of this already".

But agreed if it can be made a bit easier then so be it but its not that hard to do at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Orchid
                          a design-snapshot up arrow in designer and design-snapshot down arrow in catalog-client would make things much simpler.
                          FWIW, I think that's a great idea!
                          Tracey

Comment

If you are going to do it then you need one the other way as well as quite often snapshots are required from the client. Currently the additional files option is not available in client.

Comment

It may make things easier, although I'm not fully convinced, but it would need some care regarding security. The snapshot may have to reside in a known path on the server and if the default naming convention is used then anyone with a little knowledge of the software would be able to find the file and download it.

Comment

if the default naming convention is used then anyone with a little knowledge of the software would be able to find the file and download it
                                This is true so it will need a random file name generator to ensure some sort of security. Perhaps the client copy can delete the snapshot on download and the designer have a timed dlete of say 24hrs after which it deletes the snapshot from the server.

Comment

Working...
                                X