Extended info pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended info pages

It's a shame that the extended info pages are treated a bit as afterthoughts. There should be an opt-in checkbox to include them in the sitemap as well as the froogle feeds.

Also more text formatting options such as proper lists (ol and ul) would be most desirable.
    Richard Gosler
    Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
    Dorset, UK

They are designed to be used as extended information pages - the fix in the AUG was in responce to people wanting to use them for single product pages. IMO this is a very poor substitute for using the more normal method which will put the products on the sitemap, give a froogle feed and allow text formatting.

Comment

I'm a pet hater of these things also. The only extended info should be a larger image IMO. Ever since a search engine took me to a popup page and stranded me with no site navigation at all, i have vowed never to use the bloody things again.

Comment

the whole point is, one should have option of either an actual 'extended info' popup type page or a proper product page, which would be my preference. It's just all a bit clunky at the moment.
        Richard Gosler
        Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
        Dorset, UK

Comment

one should have option of either an actual 'extended info' popup type page or a proper product page, which would be my preference
          You do have the option so I dont quite understand what you are talking about. All my V8 sites have single product pages and they dont use ext info. There is a HUGE hread about it all if you search

Comment

I am currently upgrading my site to V8 and am using the extended info page as a 1 page per product layout.

I even have seperate page names,titles and descriptions. Different keywords can also be used between products, but are likely to be the same if the items are very similair.

View the page source for the details.

All products on this page are using extended info pages.
            http://www.quality-silver.co.uk/acat...-Pendants.html

I am hoping that this is a better use of the extended info pages and that they will be better for SEO.
            Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
            Zirconium Rings
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

That looks fine Jason.

I want that pendant! Hurry up and get the site live!

Comment

quick tip for Jason - take the product reference out of the bestseller list on the right hand side, it serves no purpose, makes the list difficult to read, and the price gets obscured

Comment

Lee,

The site is live under V7 at www.qualitysilver.co.uk

Pinbrook,

The reference was put in to the product name back in V6, I agree that it does look messy and this is slowly being stripped out prior to the site going live, unfortunately it was not put in place using a varaible but manually typed, so it is a time consuming job.
                  Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                  Zirconium Rings
                  Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Pinbrook,

The reference was put in to the product name back in V6, I agree that it does look messy and this is slowly being stripped out prior to the site going live, unfortunately it was not put in place using a varaible but manually typed, so it is a time consuming job.
                    Sorry, that's me not looking at versions again, I assumed it was a v8 generated list where you could simply remove the prod ref variable.

Comment

Working...
                    X