8.5.1 sitebackup folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.5.1 sitebackup folder

When you import a snapshot,actinic offers to write a backup to the following folder

c:|programfiles\actinic v8\sitebackups

To me the sitebackups should automatically default to the location you've chosen for data.

Personally I always split my PCs into c and d drives C is for OS and program files only, D is for data - thus a windows reinstall is a breeze. 8.5.1 now offers the ability to place the exe on C and data on D

so why doesn't the sw default to put the backup with the data?

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=26655 similar to what I asked for

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Ah... we agree its not very sensible at the mo....

you want it to keep the previous value according to the site, so if we agree this should be blank until we manually add a value we both agree on the same resolution

Comment

Yep - set the path upon first prompt and Actinic retains the path, name etc thereafter specific to each licensed site... this should be for snapshots, backup, imports etc ... or even the route of say MS Word where you can manually set the folders in the options menu for data files, backup etc.

The only issue I can see is when transferring sites to clients if it retains the designers local settings which would probably not relate to the client installation.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X