Some things don't work very well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some things don't work very well

1:-It would be good if when I tried to change the page name of an exteded info page it worked and I didn't get loads of strange error messages "saying that my unique filename conflicted with another unique filename and would be overwritten, do I want to proceed?".....??? puzzled about that one.

2:-A spellchecker, please, just to pick up the silly typos we all make like 'teh' instead of 'the' I'm fairly good at spelling, but, after adding 30 products and descriptions.....

3:-How about changing "reset duplicates" to "update duplicates", it took me while to realise that it brings all the duplicates of a product up to date with the change I have just made. Reset (to me) implies undoing a change, put it back as it was.

4:-It would be handy to be able to add "in house" private comments to a product, like "this part fits all these models" , or "buy this part from such-a-co, because they are less expensive". I know we can use HTML comments, but they add to the web site size, and are still on the website in the code.
    I would like to see these retained in the MDB file, viewable as notes in Actinic but nowhere else, Waiting in anticipation for this one.

5:- The ability to print out our business settings, so we have hard copy of the tax, postage, network settings, shipping setup, etc.

6:-It would be useful to be able to print out the contents tree occasionally.

Steve Griggs designer for www.kitchenwareonline.com
    stephengriggs@btconnect.com

To the development team.
    Actinic is a great product once you understand how it works, and its quirks.
    Keep up the good work.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

A spellchecker
    Jan at mole end has one of these

Comment

6. doesn't Bill (wjcambe) have a utility for this

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

4. create a new user defined variable in the library, assign to a new product tab (called "comments" or similar) with the input type as text. So long as you do not insert the variable into a layout it will not be shown on the website

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Steve

I've passed on the rest of your comments to the development team.

Comment

Working...
          X