Sitemap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitemap

Not sure whether this has already been requested or not but couldn't find it if it has. When we upload an Actinic site Actinic creates a set of urls for the site pages. Strikes me that it shouldn't therefore be the greatest feat of software engineering to produce an xml sitemap from the same information. Would be very good if this could be built into Actinic at some point. It could be just a simple excel type list of urls which you can then edit manually into a sitemap.xml or there could be a whole new menu function around creating sitemap.xml, adding relative page priorities, including non Actinic pages etc. Would be a nice extra especially now that the major search engines are all accepting references to sitemap.xml in the robots.txt file.
    Mark Ebrey
    Swimming Pool Test Strips
    Aquarium Test Strips
    Pond Test Strips
    Home Allergy Testing. Diagnose your allergy symptoms

Not for me thank you - unless I could select NOT to use it.

Comment

There are so many free sitemap generators available, i don't think there would ever be the need to have such a feature. Simply visit a sitemap creator, put in your url and it will do the rest for you in about 90 seconds on a large site.

The more features incorporated into software, the harder it is to maintain and more importantly keep up to date. Froogle feeds are testament to this, with the best solution actually being to not use the one actinic provide.

Comment

doesn't Mole-Ends Free Sitemap generator do the same thing?

Comment

There are so many free sitemap generators available
          There certainly are and many feed your content into clone sites.

My advice is NEVER EVER use a site map generator that you dont know the source of. I think jo is correct that jan produces a site map generator and I would certainly trust that one over any freeby I found on the internet.

Comment

Jan's sitemap generator and froogle feed have always been great and up to date. Little need to look any further for most. Unless i'm mistaken her froogle feed has always been a step ahead of actinic's.

Comment

Heres jans sitemap generator - its FREE http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Froogle_Mash.html

Comment

Thanks chaps, only just noticed this thread, thee is a free yahoo sitemap as well, both include all product and brochure pages.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi,

Just adding me to this. A basic sitemap generator (checkbox on each page to select etc) that uploads to msn/google/yahoo should really be included as default, especially as all the major engines are using the same format now. Uploading should be part of the normal upload routine.

jans looks good and I am planning to get it for some of the other mash ups that it has, but come on, actinic should have it built in to some degree.

incidently, why doesnt actinic come up with some sort of 3rd party integration system with hooks, so jan could write her program so that it is actually integrated into actinic... (e.g. if installed, each time you do an upload, her routine is run and uploaded also)...?

thanks,
                  Paul.

Comment

Just adding me to this. A basic sitemap generator (checkbox on each page to select etc) that uploads to msn/google/yahoo should really be included as default, especially as all the major engines are using the same format now. Uploading should be part of the normal upload routine.
                    It should NOT be included as default but as a selectable option if the site owner wants to use it - IMO jans is all you need.

Comment

I've just downloaded the Mole End product mash, with the intention of submitting a Google sitemap, but I haven't got a clue how to use it. Is there a "guide for dummies" anywhere?

Cheers,

Jon

Comment

I'm sure ME will have information on how to use the Mash but for the G sitemap see (you will need to create a Google account if you don't have one already):
                        https://www.google.com/accounts/Serv...Fhl%3Den&nui=1

Comment

The product help contains details of how to create a Google sitemap account and how to configure and submit the feed, so you should read that and follow the instructions in there.

Regards,
                          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                          Multichannel order processing
                          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The product mash tells me that I've successfully submitted to Google, but I can't seem to find the sitemap, any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,

Jon

Comment

when you say you cant find it ? it should be sitting in the root folder on your web server

Comment

Working...
                              X