Outer Layout Upload Selector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outer Layout Upload Selector

Be nice to have a function that can split the 'mind-set' of Actinic to allow you to upload 1 FILE without having to check & upload the whole site (I know when you refresh you can say ignore unchanged blah blah but it still checks every blooming thing & I am well aware of the image file name for outer layout and css short cuts .

To elaborate, if you only make a minor tweak, add a marketing message etc within the outer layout, in-build the facility to upload this one file via FTP.

Home users would find this useful as would store owners that have 1000's of items within the store and checking takes forever...

Regards
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Agreed.

This would be best handled with a user clickable option / wizard for non-techies for the whole site and an integrated FTP client to send say just the CSS which still retains the upload time stamp.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

The complication comes with the cat files and search indexes.

You could however have a 'full' site html folder containing all the uploaded files. Then have a selection to generate the page and it's dependant files on demand. You could then browse to that folder and upload any changed files (by date if you wished), be that within Actinic or not.

Comment

I agree add a wish for me, drives me up the wall, always checking files i never changed

Comment

Probably along the same lines - the ability to let Actinic know you have only imported a Snapshot and nowt else has changed to prevent everything being resent again.

Just killed a site and Actinic would not open... thankfully have a vanilla executive in MultiSite and could launch into this from the command prompt, licensed a new site, delete the killed and import a snapshot ... now sat awaiting the upload as it thinks it is new stuff.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            ...Just killed a site and Actinic would not open... thankfully have a vanilla executive in MultiSite and could launch into this from the command prompt...
            Having had this happen a number of times I always keep a 'clean' default site licensed as a back door.

Comment

I've always got a clean defaut store too

Comment

Makes you feel very sorry for those that do not have MultiSite installed so don't have this option

Bikster

Comment

us mere mortals, you mean?
                  Tracey

Comment

We will be revising the upload checking and generation process for a future release.
                    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
                    X