Removing deleted products from locked marketing lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing deleted products from locked marketing lists

I have several items locked in the "Customer Also Bought" list. When the item is no longer available (ie. I have deleted it from the website) the item no longer is displayed in the list, however it does leave a blank line where the product would normally be.

Would it be possible to delete a locked item from the marketing list automatically if a product is deleted from the catalogue - as now I need to manually go through each marketing list to check if the deleted product is locked in.... am I making any sense here - I think I need to take a break, too many hours behind the computer screen and not enough sleep.

If you are talking about related products, then these are all manually assigned by you, so once a product is removed and it was assigned to another product as a related item, you have to manually reassign a new one.

Comment

Have you been to the marketting /also bought and regenerated the list and reuploaded.

I tested this on one of my sites with a locked product subsequently deleted and as long as you regenerate it seems to work OK

Comment

I have tried regenerating the list. Although the deleted product is still locked in the list although not visible on the page. It would be good if a product that is deleted would also be deleted from locked positions in the list.

Comment

Originally posted by remmo
          I have tried regenerating the list. Although the deleted product is still locked in the list although not visible on the page. It would be good if a product that is deleted would also be deleted from locked positions in the list.
          Also tried this and as stated above, when regenerated it does not appear.

Compact the db? (out with the old favs...)
          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Hi there

I've passed this on to the developers. I'm sure there's a way we can make it work better.

Comment

Working...
            X