Fragment/Product positioning in sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragment/Product positioning in sections

This comes up time and time again, doesn't it?

Is it possible to make it so that fragments and/or products are positioned where *WE* put them?

Top, middle, bottom, in between half of the sections or whatever...

It's a right PITA sometimes trying to get it where you want it. Can't we just position them by dragging and dropping like product lists?
    Tracey

I can on mine! take a tablet!

Comment

LOL
      well whoopiedoo for you

If I add a fragment at section level..it's either top or bottom (and then only dependent on me fiddling with the section layout settings)
      Tracey

Comment

I can add one wherever i want and also move it to wherever i want it. Have you joined Jont and George in having your own exclusive version of actinic?

Comment

Try holding down SHIFT as you try to move it, see if that does anything for you.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            Have you joined Jont and George in having your own exclusive version of actinic?
            HEY!! I paid good money for my bespoke version and unique quirks I will have you know

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

doesn't work for me

I have a fragment or two that I'd like to appear in between my sections... but it keeps snapping back to the bottom (because the top section list is set as my layout and bottom is set to "no layout")

I can reverse this and get my fragment to the top...but I can't put it anywhere in between.

I just wanna be able to drag them and drop them (at section level, I know I can do this on a product page) as I want...
              Tracey

Comment

I'm with you on this one Tracey -I can't do it either. I can place a fragment in between products but not in between sections.

Comment

It is not you this time Tracey (unless you have the same unique copy of v8 I own) .... the sections are laid out using a layout list so it cycles through the sections consecutively.

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thanks, Duncan
                    At least I know it's not just me
                    It comes up quite often and it'd be nice just to be able to move product/fragments about at section level without messing with layouts..nicer still to be able to put them whereever we want!
                    Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                      It is not you this time Tracey (unless you have the same unique copy of v8 I own) .... the sections are laid out using a layout list so it cycles through the sections consecutively.
                      Yeh..I know why it does it (layout-wise) but it's just a lil bit awkward.

And no...I have my own unique copy...I'm just training it how to make coffee right now
                      Tracey

Comment

ahah you want it in between sub-sections not placed where you want within a section. Sorry misread, yeah mine do that too. Although all you need to do is create a custom layout for sections and choose this layout when you want to add a fragment-like layout.

Comment

hmmm...might have a play with that later..
                          thanks
                          Tracey

Comment

Working...
                          X