One click 'hide'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One click 'hide'

We often hide and unhide products as they go in and out of stock, and/or set stock monitoring, to set an 'out of stock' message.

It would be useful to have right hand click menu options for these.

RH click product - toggle Hide
    RH click product - toggle stock control

Hmm.. wonder if this could be done with a Block if to hide the product???

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

oooh..that gets my attention!

Do you think it's possible to set up a blockif that hides the product if it's out of stock??
      Tracey

Comment

I'm fairly sure that a BLOCKIF statement could be set up to fulfill stock monitor setting when stock falls below a level, although I have not got there yet (only just getting back to my V8 build, after a lengthy baby stop - I have a lot of catching up to do, whilst learning to function on 5 hours a night sleep)!

However, what I am after is the option to right click on a product to toggle HIDE and STOCK MONITORING, so that I can quickly update product fields, without having to open the full product edit window.
        Either a RH menu addition, or an ALT- option.

We use the stock monitoring setting to display out of stock messages when required, but do not use full stock control on the site, as we do not have an adequate stock control system in place to make this workable.
        Its more a case of manual intervention to set/unset stock monitoring to trigger a message, when we need to.

Stock status messaging could also be done with a custom variable (CUSTVAR - MESSAGE TYPE = 1,2,3 etc), but I find that stock setting fits the bill for now.
        Just need a quick way to toggle it on/off.

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
          Do you think it's possible to set up a blockif that hides the product if it's out of stock??
          Possible, but madness, search engines, empty sections and an apparent reduced range with no chance of a revisit to name a few reasons why not.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            Possible, but madness, search engines, empty sections and an apparent reduced range with no chance of a revisit to name a few reasons why not.
            Indeed.. if I disable the "buy online" option it is set to recognise a condition and displays and small GIF image along the lines of the shelf barkers you see in the supermarkets saying back in stock real soon blah blah.

Oooo... just had a thought whilst typing that .... off to have a play .....

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Which is why we use a two way approach.

Out of stock - expected back in - set stock monitoring -> displays message "temp out of stock"

Out of print / no longer available from suppliers - hide (otherwise get continual enquiries.."when are you expecting this product back in?"

This is with my current A5 site. The A8 site will make use of BLOCKIF to display diff messages:

reorderable -> "temp out of stock"
              out of print -> "product is currently unavailable to order"

Relatively easy to accomplish I think, by having the BLOCKIF react to various stock levels (can use artificial stock levels eg: -999 to trigger required event s)

Back to the top of the thread, I would still like to set the hide and stock mon with a one click option.
              I thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X