Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basis shipping setup

Hi
    New guy (trying to) setting up shipping.
    Can you have different shipping catagories set up to different Basis.
    For example
    default based on weight.
    Ltight Truck ship based on Product Catagory.
    Specials based on $ Value.
    If so, Is there a thread, or a page in one of the users manuals that I don't see.
    Thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by Daveb; 01-Aug-2007, 08:59 PM. Reason: typo
    www.baypressservices.com

Dave, having read your post 5 times and still not quite getting it, can i suggest that you give real life examples of products, their weights and what you want to do with them on the shipping front. It will be much easier to offer any assistance then.

Comment

Lee
      Examples:
      1) Default shipping would be UPS by weight.

2) Product catagory X is on special with free shipping on orders within that catagory with a VALUE over $100.00. via UPS Ground only. Cust would be charged normal rates for Next day etc.

3) Product catagory Y is free shipping within the U.S.

When attempting to set up shipping and following the users manual, you are instructed to set up first a catagory, and then within that catagory, a class.
      When you open the class, you are instructed to select a BASIS (based on value or weight or catagory. The problem seems to be that the basis applies to ALL shipping catagories and cannot be applied to seperate catagories.
      Thanks
      Dave
      www.baypressservices.com

Comment

You are right Dave, but within a product itself, you can specify that it uses shipping outside of the normal. I think you will find that shipping by weight will set you up as wanted. The weights you input are as you wish to use them, don't see them as weights, see them as units to use to create a solution for your shop.

For example if you have 0kg - £0.00 in your table and add '0' into the product weight, it will get charged nothing. You can also exclude from shipping on the product itself.

If you have setup your categories, go onto the zone/class tab and change the various classes to use 'category' in the drop down box. You will then see them available on the categories tab, when you click back.

Comment

Thanks Lee
          I wil follow your lead on this. it sounds do-able although a work around.
          Do you know how to move this thread to the "Wish List".
          Having the ability to apply the BASIS seperately to different catagories would add flexibility and simplicity to the already complex shipping setup.
          Dave
          www.baypressservices.com

Comment

Dave

Get cracking on it and let us know where you get stuck. I'm sure that everything you need is already there, including the different categorised options. Best to get it started and then we can talk about a real life situation. If you get stuck, show us what you have done (screenshots are great) and explain what is happening and we can set you back on the right road.

Comment

Hi Dave

I've moved your thread to the Wish List forum and also passed it on to the developers.

Comment

Working...
              X