Easier entering of component details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easier entering of component details

Many of my product lines are available in at least 3-5 sizes, 1-3 fastenings and up to 20 colourways. All of which cross reference to individual product lines as they're stock controlled.

When filling in the component details table, not only would I like the column widths to stay put where *I* left them when I have to flit over to the content to find the right product reference because I can't see it, but also I would like to be able to open that box right up to show a whole page of my options so I can enter them quickly, systematically and see them all, spot the deliberate mistake in one go.
    Current method of 4 at a time is FAR too fiddly and faffy and REALLY ANNOYING at this time of night....and very difficult to spot the mistakes one inevitably makes when stressed
    (Supplier made a major unannounced product change yesterday)

(Apologies if this has already been wished for but I couldn't find it)
    Miranda Stamp
    Twinkle Twinkle
    www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
    Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

I second this too.

In fact i think there are a lot of areas in actinic where the working space needs to be user friendly and help you more. Or at least let you change it and set it to what you want.

That stupid line you have to drag down on the tabs when you have a list of variables to complete, has to be the most annoying thing i've ever seen. It's like a shutter on a window and does absolutely zilch.

Comment

yes yes yes!
      and...to be able to manually enter (or at least search like you can in related products) the product references in the permutations too instead of having to scroll through the whole damn store list to find them!
      Tracey

Comment

manually enter the product references
        You can sort of do this if you show product references in your catalog tree. Click on the down arrow to show the list, click on one of the items, then you can type in the product reference and it goes straight to it. I had to setup a couple of hundred associated products and this is how I did it - if I'd had to scroll down to them, I would have gone mad I think.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

ahh..ok, thanks for that Jan.
          I do have product references showing so this should work for me then.. I'll definitely give that a go (as for going mad....probably too late for me anyway )
          Cheers!
          Tracey

Comment

How I do it is click the right arrow at the end of the box twice (once for some reason doesn't work) start to type the product ref then click the arrow on the right and it lists the product refs in alphanumeric order, which is handy because I usually know the product and size but am unsure what I used for 'mintry retro dots' colour or whatever, so you only have a few to scroll through (not sure if this is what Jan is also saying of if I'm confusing you further )
            Miranda Stamp
            Twinkle Twinkle
            Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Originally posted by Miranda Stamp
              How I do it is click the right arrow at the end of the box twice (once for some reason doesn't work)
              you're right...it doesn't. never did in V7...still doesn't in V8
              Another Actinic foible
              Tracey

Comment

I must make a list of things that at the time on first using are 'odd' but you end up just doing because that's the way to get it to work.
                Miranda Stamp
                Twinkle Twinkle

Comment

it was what I was trying to say Miranda, but you did it better.

Cheers,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                    yes yes yes!
                    This would be much improved if it had the same facility as the General Tab - Full Description 'zoom'

Certainly gets my vote!

David
                    -----------------------------
                    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Thanks for all your comments - I have passed them to the development team.

Comment

Working...
                      X