Custom Payment Methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Payment Methods

OK, i know there are ways around this, and the a V7 post prompted me.

Can we have the ability to add custom payment methods, i am not on about credit card processing, but does anyone here use COD, doubt it.

What i mean is that i can set a simple send a check by post, collect and pay in store, request a call back e.t.c

As i said, before anyone mentions it, creating you own not fudging the current ones

D

I like the idea Dazza, but i think the fudging is advised because these have to be written into the scripts, so not so easy to integrate dynamically. I presume you are referring to the thread i replied to earlier.

I do however agree with you that we should have a complete list of all possibilities in there, so just a step on from your approach really. There is only ever going to be a handful of others required as they will always be the simple not-processed on site options, so lets get a list together and get them all in there in one foul swoop.

Comment

Yep to your post and I agree, and even if there common ones were added would give a bit moe fleibility, im sure i had mentioned this somewhere before, but could not find it and dont think the wishlist section was around then

Cheers
      D

Comment

Well the first ones i can think of would be:

Collection/Payment at Store
        Cash on Delivery
        Cheque on Delivery
        Send Postal Order
        Send Cheque
        Direct Bank Transfer (business account filled out in business settings and bank details sent in receipt?) - no security risk here before anyone jumps in, only the same info as available on a cheque.

Comment

They sound good to me Lee, i'll give it some thought but think that covers most of them.

d

Comment

Anyway slightly off topic, hows little one, my thread i can if i want

D

Comment

He's great thanx, he was sitting here with me up until 5 mins ago. We genuinely could not have asked for the first 2 weeks to have gone any better, in fact the whole thing has just been almost perfect. I can remember 5 minutes in the whole 9 months 2 weeks that has been bad - that is all.

Comment

Glad things are good, remember though, everyone has shit loads of advice but he's your boy and you do what you like mate. There not as fragile as people say, but dont go dropping them. Watching them grow is the best bit, but before you know it there 5,

Cheers
                D

Comment

I know what you mean dude, to be honest my sister has been a full time nanny for 13 years and every kid she has looked after has been a star, she's the only one i've really taken any advice off. It also helps that i am old enough to appreciate and have seen what has been good and bad in other children being brought up, i think that helps for sure.

Cheers

Comment

You an me both, 33 when my boy was born, i have 3 nephews and 2 nieces that i learnt alot from, the oldest is 25 the youngest 14. As for full time nanny for 13 years, probably would not listen to anyone else but your sister, obviously let MiL have here say then go do what you want anyway

D

Comment

Hi Darren

I've passed this to the development team, though the workarounds do work pretty well. Searching through Design | Text after renaming the payment method generally allows you to deal with all instances of the old payment method name.

Comment

Thanks Chris

Just needa a little more thought thats all, put the common ones in. you can never cater for it all, the work arounds are ok and i use them, just not ideal when viewing orders

Cheers
                        D

Comment

Working...
                        X