Amazon style wish-list instead of saved cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon style wish-list instead of saved cart

Can we have a Amazon style wish-list instead of saved cart. And can we have access to stats of what's been added to the wish lists but not bought. so we can look at products to tackle conversion issues.

Thanks.

And while I'm on analytics these would be cool to have

- it would be useful to know as stats what products were placed into abandoned baskets.
    - and what was searched for on the site.
    Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

you can see what people search for - take a look in the AUG, although, I still think actinic should have a nice shiny way to access this info locally.

p.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Wayne - I've passed them onto the development team.

Comment

just to add to this, great idea btw

is there anyway of this wish list being emailed to say a partner or friends
        or is that too much like a wedding list type thing?
        Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
        Current project:
        cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
        cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
        Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

Just thought I'd resurrect this, as i have been asked so many times now for a wishlist within Actinic

This probably needs to be an external plug in as it requires online processing so i doubt if Actinic will ever do it...

but at this time of year it would be a really good addition, so if there is a plug in developer willing to take this on...

Comment

Couldn't agree more,

Wish list and order history would make a huge difference to our business (how do I know? Because our customers keep telling us, that's how).

Either from within Actinic or from a reliable Plug-In partner, there must be someone out there with the know-how.

Seanie
            Ark Wildlife Ltd
            www.arkwildlife.co.uk

Comment

Wishlist

It seems this is a long standing request and it is certainly something I'm looking for when evaluating ecommerce products. I expect Actinic won't be able to release a date, but it would be useful to know if it is at least on a roadmap for near or long term release

Thanks

Nick

Comment

Hi Nick

There's no plans for this in the short or medium term I'm afraid, but it is something we do want to add. The problem is things like this are horribly tricky when you don't have an online database (i.e. like Actinic) as it makes the whole act of storing data for each customer a lot trickier. Anyway, I have passed this on to the development team.

Comment

So maybe the answer would be run an online database, not for the whole site (I understand the SEO advantage of flatfiles) but just for stuff like this.
                  Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

Im sure Gabe will have some great ideas on this, but alas the online database thing i feel is a long long long way away, taking into account he actualy has a online sql database constructed from the actinic ones.

But its like all these things, some has created the link, just need some to build the tools that go with it.

D

Comment

i have nearly written this feature.

its in development at: http://www.interact-studio.co.uk/acatalog/

you can see the log in part in the header, well, shortly it'll work properly. with a bit of fiddling and refreshing, you might be able to see the 'add to wishlist' buttons. and the list at the side.

I had it working fine. and it had stats, lol, i promise.

watch this space.

Comment

lolololololol

I knew it, there is no stopping the man

Comment

This is definitely something I'd like to see within Actinic (or outwith, developers) - anybody started, completed or even close to a practical solution? SmartEpos had a good solution for v7 - which evidently no longer works for v8 or v9. Perhaps this would be a good one to upgrade for v8/v9?

Ps. I know I'm 6-12 months late on the topic

Comment

The reason I buy most of my books from Amazon is that I can go back, from time to time, when I'm feeling a little richer, and buy books I've added to my Amazon Wish List months ago. Increased site loyality, phased purchasing, more returns to website - High Priority feature!
                            Chris Street BSc (Hons) MBA
                            Data-Mind
                            Computer Peripherals est.1999
                            BeSeenOnABike
                            Bike Safety products est. 2005

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
                              SmartEpos had a good solution for v7 - which evidently no longer works for v8 or v9. Perhaps this would be a good one to upgrade for v8/v9?
                              Are SmartEpos not interested in upgrading this code?

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                              SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                              Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
                              X