Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice list of features Chris. However the one that concerns me is:

[FONT='Book Antiqua','serif']
    [FONT='Book Antiqua','serif']Extended information pop-up links now use html that can be indexed by search engines. AC8-4457[/FONT]
    I know the reason is that people are using the Ext Info for single product pages BUT IMO this is the wrong method to use and allowing SEs into Ext Info pages of sites that dont use that method (the majority) will create huge problems for them.

Can it be made optional to allow the SEs in please if not put in the AUG how it can be converted back to the current link method.[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
      haha...stirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring, Darren??
      Never one to Stirrrrrrrrrrr things, told you that already, well ok maybe i load the gun sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
        but no software company ever publishes a list of these bugs for the reasons mentioned above.
        True Chris, but even an official(ish) "you sometimes get this problem" so "heres the workaround" type list/thread would help a lot of people (at least meanwhile until their issue is covered by a release)?

Cheers for the update though.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
          I know the reason is that people are using the Ext Info for single product pages BUT IMO this is the wrong method to use and allowing SEs into Ext Info pages of sites that dont use that method (the majority) will create huge problems for them.

Can it be made optional to allow the SEs in please if not put in the AUG how it can be converted back to the current link method.
          I have to admit I thought that too.
          Personally, it's a great thing for me because that's how I use my extended info pop up..not as SPPs per se but as usable landing pages for GoogleBase and the like.

But I did think that, for sites where the extended info pop up is nothing more than an enlarged image or similar, it mightn't be a great idea
          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
            Never one to Stirrrrrrrrrrr things, told you that already, well ok maybe i load the gun sometimes
            ok...you load, I'll aim...and we'll let G do what he does best....FIRE!!

hehe
            Tracey

Comment

Off topic question for you Mal, whats the best way to have one product per page for sites that do not `suit` them?
              Football Heaven

Comment

whats the best way to have one product per page for sites that do not `suit` them?
                Its been covered several times in GREAT detail - the answer is search the forum.

There are several different ways, but Duncan gave the best description of a method several months ago. I have mine and jo uses another.

Comment

Its been covered several times in GREAT detail - the answer is search the forum.
                  I know, thats why I asked your opinion. Its cool, I'll have a search/browse later. I wasn't being lazy, honest, just hoped to get the best answer first.
                  Football Heaven

Comment

hoped to get the best answer first
                    Ive not published my method on the forum - I keep it for clients only which is why I pointed you to Duncan.

Comment

Ive not published my method on the forum - I keep it for clients only which is why I pointed you to Duncan.
                      Thats fair enough fella, cheers for the pointer anyway.
                      Football Heaven

Comment

Ive not published my method on the forum - I keep it for clients.
                        Ooooh the plot thickens, the mystery deepens

Comment

Ooooh the plot thickens, the mystery deepens
                          Yes - unlike some people on the forum I can actually build sites on my own!

Comment

Excuse me for speaking

Comment

pmsl, you load of goons.

is the secret ingredient love?

Comment

Hmmmm "Can You Feel The Love"

Nope, none here we are all tooooo macho for that

Comment

Working...
                                X