Commented Snapshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commented Snapshots

An optional free text field to add comments prior to making a snapshot. This could be stored in an associated text file alongside the snapshot eg:

site123.acd
    site123.txt

This can be used to document a specific reason for backing up eg: "new Widget section added" or "testing new outer layout" or left blank if a routine backup.

Standard variables such as time, date, machine name (if people use different computers), Actinic version / patch, last order number etc. could be added automatically.

This would greatly help in finding archived snapshots (I regularly have 5+ per day for each of the sites I have) and being outside the ACD allows easier access to a simple text file.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Or label it in a way similar to alt text for an image?
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

.. and it would be nice if the snapshot name remembered was site specific and there was an option to automatically add a date, so that you could just enter a generic name for each site and a new snapshot with a unique name could be entered.

... perhaps I should write a snappy mole to do this.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

100% agree - I wished for something similar to this before. Snapshot could have a text field - prompted to be completed before creation that appended into the database. The file name by default could be the site name followed by the date and time created.

Comment

I wished for something similar to this before
          You certainly did Duncan - but Ill add my vote to jonts and maybe chris can tie the two threads together.

Comment

I have the following naming convention

xxx-ddmmyy-aaa-1.acd

where xxx identifies the site/client
            ddmmyy is the date
            aaa is the version and patch
            -1 counts up through the day

hence

PIN-120807-851hfua-1.acd

could we have this in the snappy mole?

or even date/time to make it totally unique

Comment

or even date/time to make it totally unique
              I use a similar method to you so if it could put the site:date:time automatically and as a bonus have a small note pad at the end of the process to add a few coments that were shown on import then that would be good

Comment

Yeah i'd be happy with that, just what i do manually now.

Site|date|time would be perfect IMO. I don't think we need version number added personally, because i take the stance that whatever it is, if i need it, i have to open it and upgrade it anyway. Although, this may change in the future if we get version control, so maybe a good idea to add it now.

Comment

Add my vote too!
                  Brian
                  www.flowergallery.co.uk
                  Same day flower delivery to UK
                  Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
                  International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

My sword and shield by your side!

To the Hall of the slain!

Comment

Good suggestions chaps. I have recommended this to the development team.

Comment

Working...
                      X