Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

associated products/ valid permutations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

associated products/ valid permutations...

ok... an 'I wish' from me

If associated products go out of stock, I would like Actinic to update the MAIN product by UNchecking the "valid" box in the permutations.

And, if it comes back into stock again, I'd like Actinic to REcheck the box!

Now, I know that, under normal use, it doesn't make much difference to the shopping experience as either way, if the associated product is out of stock OR if the "valid" box is unchecked, they're going to get the same message when they attempt to add to cart.

However, I have 2 reasons for wanting it like this.
    Firstly, Norman's dynamic pricing calculator has a "this combination is unavailable" warning that pops up as SOON as choices are made (ie..before pressing "add to basket") for combinations where the "valid" box is unchecked.

Secondly, with long lists of permutation combinations, it's much easier to see which ones are out of stock, and so can be removed/deleted, if there is some sort of marker such as the 'valid' box being unchecked.

I've got a few products at the minute which have 3 attributes and a whole load of permutations derived from them...maintaining these would be a LOT easier then!

Thanks for listening
    Tracey

I think that there is a patch in the aug that tells you how to remove invalid options from the list.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

ooh..there is?
      I'll have another look (might download a new copy actually, it's been updated a few times since I did)
      Cheers, Jan!
      Tracey

Comment

hmmm...not sure that will work.
        I've found the bit you mean but it's using the "component with selectable permutations" layout to do that and I don't think this will work for my component with 3 attributes.

Thanks anyway
        Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey

I've passed this on to the development team.

Comment

Sort of associated with this (I was searching to see if had been requested), is it possible for offline orders to have an override button such that if there is no stock and the permutation table valid box for that combination has been unticked so folk can't order it online at present but having a customer on the phone who is prepared to wait till they come in I can still take the order. This happens if there's a delay from the supplier or I'm going to order it in next time but need other stock to sell more first so I'm ordering sufficent stock to meet a minimum order etc, but am not wanting online orders as this could be a week or three or sometimes more and I would want to agree the delay with the customer. Thus I need to be able to still take the order without going into the content, changing the valid box to a tick, returning to the orders page, and then entering the order (and indeed the only reason the customer has rung is that they specifically want x colour in y size but I can't order online ) and also saving me having to remember to change the valid box back to untick before next uploading...

Hope that makes sense.

edited as I couldn't understand what I'd written either
            Miranda Stamp
            Twinkle Twinkle
            www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
            Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

made sense to me

I've noticed that you can actually make an offline order for an out of stock item in 8.5.1 so that obviously doesn't apply for "not valid" permutations then.
              Tracey

Comment

Yes you can order it offline if it's just out of stock which is a nice improvement, but once you un-valided the option you can't order it offline, which is a bit of a pain as often I kill off the options one by one to get the remaining stock down before re-ordering, would be nice to do it but get a warning come up you have to override
                Miranda Stamp
                Twinkle Twinkle
                www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
                Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Working...
                X