Shipping by postcode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping by postcode

With most couriers including City Link now moving to zonal charging, even on UK mainland, it would be great for the customer to be able to enter their postcode in Checkout 1 and actinic to be able to calculate shipping from that.
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

Ther is a post from not long ago explaining how to do this.

Comment

Any idea where as I searched before I posted and have just done so again. All I can find is a thread where Lee says you can't do it.

I currently have countries / states set up for all of the UK but we are looking at courier options and most now surcharge for highlands, some for IOW etc. etc.

It would be great for the customer to enter the delivery postcode in checkout 1 and then for the shipping to be calculated in checkout 2 and maybe integrate something like postcode anywhere if required so the address is filled in too.

The only way I can see of doing it now is to have many countries and states set up or do it by county etc.
      Blank DVD
      Cloth Nappies

Comment

There isn't really anyway to do it actually by postcode (except for our customers in the US who ship with UPS). All you can do is think laterally and set up 'areas' using the 'States/Province' list that customers can select online.

I've passed this on to the development team anyway.

Comment

All you can do is think laterally and set up 'areas'
          This is how the post I mentioned did it - it is there

Comment

and there is a wish some were here as i asked for a paf intergration for actinic, if we can get this then adding this to shipping would be easier.

Zones are the way i do it, use parcel forces zone table, most couriers use this type of set up.

D

Comment

One of the problems we have is that we use HSBC so the country has to be set to UK. We can have a popup list and a highland 'state' I guess but I can see may customers just selecting the mainland price which adds complication and possible losses on our part.

At the mo it's not an issue as City Link cover the whole mainland but it's preventing us from talking to other couriers who do surcharge.
              Blank DVD
              Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
              X