Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

customer emails that don't look amateur!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

customer emails that don't look amateur!

that's what I wish for!!

Example:

Order received email for 2 items, one with component make-up (a suit, also available as separates)

The order email is horrendous!

REFERENCE DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST

12-4pce-nx-nv Next 4 Piece Maternity Suit - 1 £25.00 £25.00
    (12)-
    No. Not Yet Shipped 1

uf02-gy-4pce-12 UpFront Maternity 4 Piece -
    jk02-uf-gy-12 UpFront Maternity Smart -
    sd02-uf-gy-12 UpFront Maternity Smart -
    sk02-uf-gy-12 UpFront Maternity Smart -
    trtu02-uf-gy-12 UpFront Maternity Smart - 1 £90.00 £90.00
    Turn-up Trousers -
    (12)-
    No. Not Yet Shipped 1
    is how it looks WITH product references and its no better without

DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST

Next 4 Piece Maternity Suit - 1 £25.00 £25.00
    (12)-
    No. Not Yet Shipped 1

UpFront Maternity 4 Piece -
    UpFront Maternity Smart -
    UpFront Maternity Smart - 1 £90.00 £90.00
    Turn-up Trousers -
    (12)-
    No. Not Yet Shipped 1
    That's exactly how it lines up (or not!) in the order email received by the customer and, quite honestly, my 7yo could do better!

It only has partial product (short) descriptions which is going to be confusing for the customer too.
    I have to admit, I'm not sure who "designed" them in the first instance but they neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed re-vamping!
    It's almost the first point of customer contact between the actual vendor and the customer and I'd be horrified if I saw that!
    Tracey

I've always thought they look junk too, but their hands are mostly tied as that is what plain text formats like, plain crap. Try and layout a decent email in notepad (without using the tab key) to see the problem faced.

It could be better though i agree.

Comment

The next version of One Stop Automation will be able to send HTML emails to customers on order download, so that might resolve your issue Tracey. It's due out soon. Pat has just added code into it so that it only runs the download/upload if you have news orders or payments on the website.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Tracey - it's one I'd like to see as well.

Comment

Tracy

We had a similar problem when using components and attributes and choices - basket and email looked a mess and the customer was getting confused. In the end we left the name and html name field blank in the attribute. Called the component select xx size or select xx design or whatever and then called the choice the design name this then allowed the layout to look better.

Don't know if I've explained this very well but for us it got rid of a lot of the duplication.

Donna
          Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

I know what you mean, Donna and we usually do that too.
            However, in this case, I wanted the component descriptions to show in the cart/email so customers can SEE the components of the suit. Trouble is, they're being cut short, for some reason, and it's making them look even worse
            Tracey

Comment

Sorry, that's toooo technical for me!

I find that whole area really annoying but tend to find a non technical work round !

As an aside ... does anyone know if there is a way to clear out all the emails that have not been sent so that we can start using the send emails one click operation to send shipped emails. As I will have literally 00's in there and diong it manually every day means that on a regular basis it gets forgotten. (sorry to highjack your thread)

D
              Donna

Comment

highlight all the emails you want to delete, select "toggle delete" to mark them deleted and the "purge emails" in the "Housekeeping" menu
                Tracey

Comment

Add my vote to this one aswell please chris

D

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                    highlight all the emails you want to delete, select "toggle delete" to mark them deleted and the "purge emails" in the "Housekeeping" menu
                    Do I go to list emails first and this will create a list? I am really nervous of this as last time I did something it did the wrong thing and started order sent emails to customers who order 18m ago!!
                    Donna

Comment

lol
                      I've done that before too (I think most of us have!)

Go to "Operations" "List Emails" "All"

Keep WELL away from any "send" buttons LOL and just highlight them all using the shift click. Click the "toggle delete" and then purging through the "Housekeeping" menu will empty your list.

Just did it myself when you first posted actually. It's very therapeutic
                      Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by Donna Kempster
                        Do I go to list emails first and this will create a list? I am really nervous of this as last time I did something it did the wrong thing and started order sent emails to customers who order 18m ago!!
                        With the complete order button on V8 i decided to clear up the orders for the last 3 years, and forgot to take the tick out of the box for order shipped. Sent an email and suddenly caught it sending thousands, stopped after about 45 but got a few emails from concerned customers. I ended up editing the database and putting the date in saying they had been sent.

D

Comment

Ahh pure genius! Thank you so much. Another job automated. D
                          Donna

Comment

Working...
                          X