Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unique product references for each permutation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unique product references for each permutation.

To import sales data into Quickbooks (or any other book-keeping tool) via Actinic Link, a unique product reference is required for every permutation of a product.

To generate a unique product reference for each permutation of a main product we currently have to create a 'dummy' product that is hidden on the website and then associate the permutation to this dummy product.

If you have a product with 2 attributes (size and colour) each with 5 options thats 25 dummy products that need to be created. It doesn't take many products like this before the catalog becomes unmanageable.

If Actinic could be made to automatically generate unique product references for each permutation of a main product it would save an awful lot of time and make the catalog much more simple and maintainable.

See http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=32786 for more info.

Dave

I think Mole-end has just released something to do this...

Comment

No we haven't actually, we thought about releasing a permutation/hidden product generator that we have but decided not to.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

oh pox... I wanted that!

Comment

Thanks for info and discussion. I've passed on the request to the development team.

Comment

Working...
          X