<div>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<div>

Any reason why one of the most popular tags is not available on the design tab?

i like the way DW autocompletes divs. putting the </ part in too, when it recognises the tag.

can we have that too?

Comment

Thanks,

I have added your suggestions to the wish-list.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

If you mean the auto complete list then you can customise it to your needs. Just find Editor.ini in the installation folder and add the tags what you need. Each line in that file represents one item in the autocomplete list. The % signs indicate where the cursor should be placed when the text is inserted.

You need to restart EC to see the effect.
        Zoltan
        Actinic Software
        www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Woohoo, nice one, so simple, cool fix.
          Any ideas what <div/> is in there for? can it be removed, it always used to fool me into thinking the <div> tag was actually in there.

Comment

Originally posted by zmagyar
            If you mean the auto complete list then you can customise it to your needs. Just find Editor.ini in the installation folder and add the tags what you need. Each line in that file represents one item in the autocomplete list. The % signs indicate where the cursor should be placed when the text is inserted.

You need to restart EC to see the effect.
            As one of my home users might say....why didn't I think of that? Oh, I know, I am not a developer....

Well done Brucie...standardise this would be a good move.
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
              Woohoo, nice one, so simple, cool fix.
              Nice to see Actinic can surprise you on the positive way sometimes.
              Originally posted by leehack
              Any ideas what <div/> is in there for? can it be removed, it always used to fool me into thinking the <div> tag was actually in there.
              Feel free to remove the <div/> tag if you do not need that. Or just replace it to <div>%</div>.
              Basically the ini file is there to allow customisation. So removing or adding lines shouldn't harm. Even you can drop all the content and add your one liner macros.
              Originally posted by los_design
              standardise this would be a good move
              We are trying to do so where it makes sense. See DesignFonts.ini
              Zoltan
              Actinic Software
              www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Good stuff Zoltan...
                Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by zmagyar
                  Nice to see Actinic can surprise you on the positive way sometimes.
                  There are many things i like about Actinic, don't get the wrong impression of me. I just prefer spending time trying to move it forward, rather than blowing smoke up a developer's ass.

I wouldn't be part of this forum or have it plastered all over my own site if i didn't think it was good. What we all want to see is it reaching the label "great" - that is all.

Keep up the good work and thanks a lot for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
                    i like the way DW autocompletes divs. putting the </ part in too, when it recognises the tag.
                    With the multi-nested layout nature of Actinic this could be a pain if Actinic closes the incorrect tag and interferes with a nested element.

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

this is absolutely true.

wish retracted.

Comment

Working...
                      X