A Tick Box On Warning Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Tick Box On Warning Messages

tick this box to hide these messages in the future, drives up the bloody wall when i do and upload and come back 10 mins later to find it has not started, especially with some of these error messages when there is not really anything wrong,

"used out of context" WTF
    "Invalid SectionID" WTF

too name but a few, And yes i know there is a warning management, and i can do it through there, but i too bloody lazy to look them up

Due to my neurotic nature i'd prefer to find out why i get the message and stop it at source rather that supress the warning

Comment

while I agree it's good to know about errors like coding errors (or you might miss a new one)...it would be helpful to have the option to display them AFTER loading...or not at all, during upload

Just because the "sometimes there, sometimes not" coding errors are a PITA
      I have a couple that come and go on a whim!
      Tracey

Comment

I agree Jo

But some error messages are not errors, just actinic thinks they are, mind i notice a change in 8.5.2 with regards to the actinic php which might reduce the number.

D

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
          while I agree it's good to know about errors like coding errors (or you might miss a new one)...it would be helpful to have the option to display them AFTER loading...or not at all, during upload
          Problem is bumpsy, if it is a show stopper, then it could trash half your store and make it unusable. What is needed here is control, we need a checkbox with a message:

If you want your store uploaded, no matter what we find, please click this checkbox. We will summarise the errors we encountered at the end of the upload.

YOU SHOULD be able to walk away from an upload and return to see it has been finished, not stopped halfway through etc.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            Problem is bumpsy, if it is a show stopper, then it could trash half your store and make it unusable. What is needed here is control, we need a checkbox with a message:

If you want your store uploaded, no matter what we find, please click this checkbox. We will summarise the errors we encountered at the end of the upload.

YOU SHOULD be able to walk away from an upload and return to see it has been finished, not stopped halfway through etc.
            I'm sure that's what I just said!
            Tracey

Comment

Just because the "sometimes there, sometimes not" coding errors are a PITA
              I have a couple that come and go on a whim!
              You mention a setting or a checkbox, where a site owner physically chooses to override the 'stop the upload' process? Hmm one of us is going mad there then, no worries i'll get your tablets.

My point is that you seem to want it to just do it and then tell you the problems after, this is complete crap unless you have chosen to do so via a setting, as less experienced site owners will end up with trashed sites. If you want actinic to upload and possibly trash your site, then you need to be able to select so, not have it as standard - that was my point. It was basically a more global look at your method with which i agree in principle, you don't have software that trashes a site and then tells you about it, UNLESS you have asked it to do so.

Comment

You mention a setting or a checkbox, where a site owner physically chooses to override the 'stop the upload' process?
                actually, I pretty much have that now as my stock control mole is set to default answer "no" to pop up dialogues during upload and so ignores the coding error.
                I'm not saying that this should be default though. Far from it.

My point is that you seem to want it to just do it and then tell you the problems after, this is complete crap unless you have chosen to do so via a setting, as less experienced site owners will end up with trashed sites. If you want actinic to upload and possibly trash your site, then you need to be able to select so, not have it as standard - that was my point. It was basically a more global look at your method with which i agree in principle, you don't have software that trashes a site and then tells you about it, UNLESS you have asked it to do so.
                I still don't know why you're arguing this...I'm agreeing with you!!
                I don't think it should be a standard "ignore these messages" (even though that is, effectively, how I have it set up)... it should maybe ask you when you click the blue upload arrows whether you want notifying of coding errors etc or not

Now pick your pram toys back up
                Tracey

Comment

(read with a german accent) hmmmmmm interesting, very interesting, you see you both said the same, but in a very different way.

Let me get my torch and shine it in your eyes

Comment

LOL Darren

is that coffee or brie withdrawals?
                    Tracey

Comment

actually, I pretty much have that now as my stock control mole is set to default answer "no" to pop up dialogues during upload and so ignores the coding error.
                      WOW, i never knew that, sheesh that feature alone could have saved me hours on my 7 hour upload site. I'd like something added to retry itself after 10 mins as most times the server is having a wobbler, it is fine again in ten mins. Basically it'd be great to have actinic interacting as a human does with these errors, so we can walk away. How does the Mole thingy deal with those problems?

Comment

I've attached a screengrab of the "upload options" for the mole

it used to default to "yes" for the yes/no options but, in light of the coding errors requiring a "no" to proceed, I've changed mine.

Not sure about the retry...maybe a time option rather than a number of attempts could be feasible?
                        Attached Files
                        Tracey

Comment

LOL Darren

is that coffee or brie withdrawals?
                          What, What, What Noooooo Idea What you mean, more likely the pills Its gonna be one of those days, things are all a bit fluffy, well furry around the edges at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                            things are all a bit fluffy, well furry around the edges at least.
                            you can get creams for that, you know
                            Tracey

Comment

The idea behind the Stock Control Mole is that you get your upload working as you wish it to within Actinic, and if you are still getting errors but want to ignore them then you configure the Mole to do that and then uploads via the Mole should always continue after that.

It looks as if we might need to allow exceptions though, so you could specify that it answers 'yes' unless the message is xxx. The main errors that need to be processed are FTP retrys though, so maybe it would be ok.

Regards,
                              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                              Multichannel order processing
                              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                              X