Extended Information Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Information Pages

I had to setup just over 100 of these yesterday and it struck me how damn monotonous the process is:
    1. Select 'generate popup page'
    2. Define the image
    3. Select the checkboxes on the right that you want

I couldn't help thinking that if i define an image or some text for a popup page, surely it is common sense that i want a popup page for this product. (would i put cheese on my toast if i didn't want cheese on toast?).

We are trying to build websites with as few clicks as possible, the software should be moving in the same direction also. Therefore the 3 checkboxes on the right, should be defined in site options and 'use parent', and if i add an image or some text, it should select to generate popup as standard. This would mean that it is one click to setup a page and it would also be controlled by use parent functionality if future changes were desired. If i wanted to change from a text link to a button in the future, i should not have to make umpteen single changes IMO.

gets my vote

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      should be defined in site options and 'use parent', and if i add an image or some text, it should select to generate popup as standard.
      Gets my vote too... RSI is a real concern with some parts of the system.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion and the votes - I've passed it onto the team.

Comment

Badda bing...my vote too.

RSI? Wonder if this was the cause of my Ulnar nerver problem.

**slopes off to ring solicitors regarding a potential case against Actinic developers**
          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
          X