Empty Price Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty Price Field

The price field should be made compulsory with no initial value - as per the short description field.

At the moment it is possible to leave the £0.00 initial value and add the product to the site.. this allows the product to be purchased for £0.00. If the product is to be free then this should be entered as such.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Good point Jonty. Along similar lines, I think it would be useful to have a zero price warning (that can be disabled for those that don't want it) that indicates when a product price is zero. I've had cases where I've created a product with an associated item and forgot to set the 'use associated price' bit. As the price was displayed elsewhere on the page I only realised the mistake when I got an order for the item at zero cost.

Mike

I have to admit though that these are usually quite rare occurences and I'm not sure how high a priority I'd put on checking for user entry errors.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
      I only realised the mistake when I got an order for the item at zero cost.
      Yep - I have been adding lots of stuff lately - adding the text and images but then going back to calculate the costs - forgot 5 products which somebody duly ordered all 5 at zero cost!

99.99999% of the time a price is added when you create the product but as this is a potentially "dangerous" field to have as optional it would make sense to remove the default values.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

We're about to start stocking again a line for an unofficial charity that I'm involved in. The item is a pack of ten button badges for £3 plus postage. It'd be handy if the buyer can increase that price to whatever he/she wants as the eintire takings for this particular line will be donated.

Can this be done? (Sorry for going off topic Jonty but I think its a similar request?)

The charity is the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal and we donate to every county that Scotland play in. (Minimum donation is £1K, but is often £2K plus). And all the places we donate to involve children.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Include a second dummy product with donation amounts in a drop down box from which they can can select the amount, or you can add options to the product itself, just put £1, £2, £3, £5, £10, £20 & £50 as options, that will cater for 99% of people that will want to increase the donation.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I think maybe some sort of warning (that you can turn off) might be the way forward).

Comment

Working...
            X