Detailing out of stock items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detailing out of stock items

When you download new orders Actinic tells you that say nine products are now out of stock. I'd like a click and or print option to see what these are.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

I wonder if the "outstanding products" report could be modified to provide this information?

It's a pretty useless report as it stands (well, mine isn't, but standard is!) and I think it needs looking at in general to provide a simpler list of "outstanding products" (dur!) but it could include current stock levels too, that could be useful

Just a little addition anyway
    Tracey

Comment

I've tried a number of ways to make Actinic more useful regards to re-ordering out of stock, or low stock items but its something it really doesn't cater for at all. Have all but given up, but always looking to use what little information does become useable.

Apart from individual downloads, a report that gave a list of `what you've run out of since Friday` would be handy for many users I'd have thought.

Not just for re-ordering, but helping those who have unique one off items and need them deleted or hidden on their site(s) after they get sold.
      Football Heaven

Comment

couldn't agree more

a list of items that have gone out of stock (or fallen below warning levels )since a certain date is a useful idea actually because I often prepare a re-order list on a Friday but don't order til Monday (to re-order from weekend sales) and it'd be handy to be able to get a report of the additional items that have gone below levels over the weekend and not just the full "stock warning given" report again.

obviously that's just me...but I'm sure others will have issues with these stock level reports/notifications too
        Tracey

Comment

I thought there was 4 stock reports already available, have they been removed?

Comment

there are 4 reports.
            I think the problem is that they're a bit "all or nothing"
            so you get ALL your products, all your stock controlled products, all your "stock warning given" products or all your "ordering suspended" products.
            There's no option to select a time frame which would be useful (it's greyed out in this tab)
            Tracey

Comment

Ah gotcha, if you dont have the dates filter, i can see why a problem as hard to know which are now out of stock and which already were. Print off the report, highlight in pink the products out of stock and then compare to next print out is the best for the moment then.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                Ah gotcha, if you dont have the dates filter, i can see why a problem as hard to know which are now out of stock and which already were. Print off the report, highlight in pink the products out of stock and then compare to next print out is the best for the moment then.
                For 5,000+ items and using a pink highlighter?

Oh dear.
                Football Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by george
                  I've tried a number of ways to make Actinic more useful regards to re-ordering out of stock, or low stock items but its something it really doesn't cater for at all. Have all but given up, but always looking to use what little information does become useable.

Apart from individual downloads, a report that gave a list of `what you've run out of since Friday` would be handy for many users I'd have thought.

Not just for re-ordering, but helping those who have unique one off items and need them deleted or hidden on their site(s) after they get sold.
                  I'll start coding this right now. What a great idea.

Comment

Actinic doesn't store a stock history, it doesn't not when something ran out, it only knows that it has run out, so you can't really add dates to that report.

Regards,
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Multichannel order processing
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                      Actinic doesn't store a stock history, it doesn't not when something ran out, it only knows that it has run out, so you can't really add dates to that report.

Regards,
                      hmmm...well, it's not very clever then, is it?
                      Tracey

Comment

My initial request didn't involve reports, just thought I'd mention that.
                        Football Heaven

Comment

It was just a related addition to the thread, G

I wasn't trying to hijack it completely!
                          Tracey

Comment

So to summarise - the request is for a facility to print/display all the products that have just gone out of stock. I've passed that onto the development team.

Comment

Thanks Chris, and cheers for the vote Tracey, we're hardly going to dislodge GC from the top of the list though.
                              Football Heaven

Comment

Working...
                              X