Detailing out of stock items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by george
    we're hardly going to dislodge GC from the top of the list though.
    maybe not..but it'll be interesting to see which comes first
    Tracey

Comment

So to summarise - the request is for a facility to print/display all the products that have just gone out of stock. I've passed that onto the development team.
      Maybe the existing outstanding products report could be adapted to show:

Outstanding products (in stock):

Outstanding products (out of stock):

A vast improvement on this report would also be to show the products in alphabetic order (if it already does this in V8, then please ignore this comment - my existing version shows the products in a seemingly random order, thats really of no practical use at all.

Comment

doesn't it already do that?

what's the difference between that and the 4 stock reports already listed?

(probably me being dumb!)
        Tracey

Comment

doesn't it already do that?
          I don't know (I'm using V5, and that dosen't. V5 just has an Outstanding Products Report, which is all products where you have not yet set them as 'delivered'. Do the V8 reports go further than this?).

I thought the point G was raising, was highlighting items that have gone out of stock (ie orders exceed in stock qty), which is what I mean by

Outstanding Products (out of stock)

shown as a break out list

Comment

oh right..sorry
            I get what you mean (I think LOL)

certainly seems like a better idea, doesn't it?

Tracey

Comment

ComicDad, hows life laddie?

To confirm.

You download orders.

The thingy says that (say) five products are now below the order levels (basically out of stock in our case).

I want it to tell me what they are, the five that has just ran out, nothing else.
              Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Wouldn't the best solution to be as something goes out of stock it has a time stamp put against it. We then have an 'Out of Stock' report on which you can select data parameters. In addition there would be a little part on the report showing recent out of stockers and out of stockers for more than 30 days or so.

I'd mole Jan, i reckon you will have more luck. All i want to know is what is out of stock and when it went out of stock, does anyone else need anything more than that?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                  Wouldn't the best solution to be as something goes out of stock it has a time stamp put against it. We then have an 'Out of Stock' report on which you can select data parameters. In addition there would be a little part on the report showing recent out of stockers and out of stockers for more than 30 days or so.

I'd badger Jan, i reckon you will have more luck. All i want to know is what is out of stock and when it went out of stock, does anyone else need anything more than that?
                  sounds good to me
                  although I think Jan probaby prefers moles to badgers
                  Tracey

Comment

As someone who has a past life in stock, and stock control I find Actinic very poor, especially if you really want to make use of the order levels that are already there and you have more than one supplier. I've mentioned this before (wish list pre-decimalisation I think) that with the new categories for products you should then be able to run a list of what items you need ordered to replace stock from that particular category. I know its not really Actinic's forte, a back end stock control system, but if you are going to sex up the programme designwise then maybe catering for larger databases and the control of it should be something to aim for in the future.
                    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

ComicDad, hows life laddie?
                      Life's good, but moving ever so fast at the moment. Just not enough hours in the day to work, rest and play.

Our baba-loon is now 4.5 mths, and is daddy's little girl, as one can imagine.
                      Has me well and truly wrapped around her lil finger!

Work is high pressure - 2 major staff changes have left me covering lots of bases until the newbies are trained up.

Pre-baby, I got the A8 site where I could see an end in sight.
                      Thats all been on hold for what seems like an eternity now.
                      I feel like a right old antique still ploughing on with my A5 site.
                      One day, I'll get back to it, and maybe get the damn thing finished!

Comment

Working...
                      X