Pricing Model When Components Are Copy Pasted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pricing Model When Components Are Copy Pasted

Can we have this in the future so that when you copy a component (fantastic feature), the pricing model is selected by default as 'Sum of Product and Components Prices'. Without this you are forced to go back to each one to manually amend (bad idea) and it is prone to being missed on some products, resulting in components not being charged for.

When we add a brand new component to a product, you select this pricing model as standard, therefore follow that through with copy pastes.

In short, when we copy paste a component, it should set the 'most logical' method we want, not the 'least logical'. It's a good feature being able to copy components, let's make it great and do the job 100%?

Good idea. Perhaps having the option to set the defaults would be an advantage too.

(Time for bed now surely Mr Hackett?)

Comment

Yeah that would be great too, my initial request was going to be the ability to assign a component at section level if required, but i thought chances of them doing that (as that would be quite complex) are about the same as Lord Lucan riding up to Actinic Towers on Shergar.

Request has come about because i am copying an identical component with 5 associated products onto each product in various sections. The ability to copy-paste is awesome, but tainted very slightly by this blip as you still have to go to each one.

If you could set the options like you say or we could assign it just once at section level (very easy maintenance) or it sets the pricing model correctly and logically when copy pasting - i and many others would save even more time on what is a really good feature.

PS - no bed today, will do tonight though.

Comment

Talking of components it would also be nice to mark them as hidden (when temporarly out of stock)

as present you have to mark them as deleted, and then if you come along and purge all stuff marked for deletion - bobs your uncle your components go aswell. Just irrtitating rather than a show stopper.

Comment

Lee - I've passed on the request to the developers and added it to the wishlist. It's definitely a sensible idea.

Jo - there is a bit of custom code in the Advanced User Guide for hiding permutations in a list when the associated product is out of stock. Might be worth checking out.

Comment

Working...
          X