Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brochure page parent/child structure

Not sure if this has already been posted:

Actinic already allows for the hierarchical sorting of catalog pages into parent/child sections/sub-sections.

Why can the same not be applied to brochure pages?
    i.e. Brochure Page/ Sub-Brochure page

This would allow for a more streamlined content tree for stores with many brochure pages for a start.
    It would also allow for Actinic to really be used as a complete site content management tool.

You could easily have different overall layouts for whole sub-brochure sections within Actinic, different navigation structures for different areas of the store....

It would mean people could easily organise all non-store pages into logical "sections" and present them using fragments and sub-brochure page links in the same way we do for sections and products.

There are many other routes along this line of thought but this option is a start.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

I agree with this, when you have a lot of brochure pages, currently you are better forming them as product pages as you can get the hierarchy then. If you don't, then the content tree is half way down the page.

Great idea, certainly gets my vote.

Comment

mine too.
      It is a bit ludicrous that you can create subsections within the catalog but not the brochure pages!
      Tracey

Comment

I actually said this before the second world war but nobody paid any attention... so good shout Fergie.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george
          I actually said this before the second world war but nobody paid any attention... so good shout Fergie.
          some of us weren't born then, G
          Tracey

Comment

gets my vote too.

But, I like to create the brochure pages inside the catalog (depends on client wishes of course).

Then, from a client side CMS point of view it is a doddle...as long as they remember to switch off ordering and price enabling.
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

But, I like to create the brochure pages inside the catalog (depends on client wishes of course).
              You could create a different inner layout for some special section pages which actually acted as brochure pages. The inner layout would only include fragments, or would only insert a product list that was hard-wired to include products with a certain layout that automatically hide prices/cart buttons etc.

You could set a variable that determines whether the section appears in the standard 'section' list or in a different 'pages' list - just use conditions to show/hide the links.

Anyway - some food for thought there.

Comment

Working...
              X