Preview Folders as Part of Snapshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview Folders as Part of Snapshot

I usually have quite a few images that are added into the PreviewHTML and DesignPreviewHTML folders so the design looks correct when previewing. The files are added to the additional files list in Actinic.

On importing a site from one pc to another or as part of an upgrade these folders are not included in the snapshot and the relevant files therefore need to be added again following the import.

I would like the option to include the contents of these directories in the snaphots.

Hi Duncan - I've added this to the wish list on your behalf.

Comment

Please add my vote.

Days work could potentially be lost if this feature is not added.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
        I usually have quite a few images that are added into the PreviewHTML and DesignPreviewHTML folders so the design looks correct when previewing. The files are added to the additional files list in Actinic.
        Duncan, what would be a typical example of an image you have to include this way as i never have to do this. The only time i have done this in the past is when Norman's NorList asks you to, however the menu that uses that graphic i do not use anyway.

Comment

For example I've had to add background images that are only referenced by additional stylesheets.

Comment

Ah gotcha, that area has always served me with problems. I simply cannot get a background image to parse correctly in actinic. I define all background images in the Actinic CSS now and never have a problem. I'd love to know what goes wrong though, even having images stored at root level (yuck) does not solve it for me. I gave up in the end. Move the exact same CSS from my CSS into the actinic one and it works perfectly. Move it back into my stylesheet and it totally trashes a site. Only happens when defining a background image though - very strange one.

Comment

Only things I have ever needed to place into PreviewHTML is .swf and .htc files and need to ask clients to paste these in manually... please add my vote for the wish list also (selectable from a list would be better to ensure old files, thumbs.db files etc are not also brought over)

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Actually addintional files with the option as to were to put them on the server would also help, not so much for duncan but to save having to upload files to other place rather than acatalog

D

Comment

Thanks for the extra suggestions. I have circulated them round the development team.

Comment

Working...
                  X