Design Text and Variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design Text and Variables

What I believe would be extremely helpful would be to have the Design Text ID number included in the hover info when you place your mouse over a variable in the design code. It would also be very useful if it showed the current value too. Right now it just shows the Design Text ID short description and you can't search for the short description, only the current values.

It's always a hassle trying to find where the variable is set and what it's current value is.

Sounds a good idea to me, maybe it could even open the editing window like you can with classes in the stylesheet nowadays.

Comment

Im up for that to, good thinking Duncan

Comment

good idea Duncan

Comment

Ah - if you have found a 'Design | Text' variable in a layout, try right-clicking on it and selecting 'Edit Text'. It should open up 'Design | Text' automatically and take you to the correct prompt.

This was one of those features that got slipped in, but I'm not sure it's documented anywhere. I'll check.

Comment

So it does Chris - excellent!

I see it is there in v8 as well as v9!

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
              Ah - if you have found a 'Design | Text' variable in a layout, try right-clicking on it and selecting 'Edit Text'. It should open up 'Design | Text' automatically and take you to the correct prompt.

This was one of those features that got slipped in, but I'm not sure it's documented anywhere. I'll check.
              ok, I just needed to try this for the MailFormHeader variable in the Contact Form and I didn't get an 'edit text' option on right clicking it (although it is edittable in Design > Text as I did subsequently find it)

Did I do something wrong or am I looking in the wrong place?
              Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey

You aren't doing anything wrong. The issue is that the header text is actually 'Please complete the details below and then press %s' so as the whole thing isn't in one prompt in Design Text (it's in two) the system can't find it.

Comment

ah ok..thanks for clarifying why it wouldn't work, Chris.
                  Tracey

Comment

I've had a few with only one entry that don't provide the 'edit text' option. These have mainly been the headings in the checkout pages i think. I was a little confused as to why some worked and others didn't. This is almost an excellent facility as the design text mallarky often blows my mind.

It is often a good idea to close actinic and restart i find as the checkout pages will not take changes until they are rebooted at times IME.

Try selecting the privacy option in design text and see if it shows, i can't get it to show until i have rebooted.

Comment

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=36706 proof of what i said in the second paragraph.

I think what would be a nice addition is a refresh button, it annoys me when in DW i make a change that i have to click off and then click back to see the change, a refresh button would be good imo, right next to the very useful stylesheet button.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                        , a refresh button would be good imo, right next to the very useful stylesheet button.
                        PMSL could not agree more

D

Comment

Working...
                        X