Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Quick order form

wouldn't it be nice if actinic could create a quick order form

all that needs to happen is on a click of the button, actinic creates a duplicate of every product and places them in a section called quick order. with default layout "compact" and single add selection to cart

I can see this being useful in some circumstances, however store owners with 10,000+ products might disagree!

This can acually be done within Actinic quite easily in much the same way as the "New Products" and "best sellers" pages are made in the default Actinic site
    i.e. create a page which has a custom layout which loops through all products building them onto the page and then simply set the singe add to cart - no need for duplicates
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

... or a field for the product ref and another for the quantity... based around the add to cart from anywhere on the internet scheme.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

As the guys say, you can do a quick order form based on entering a product reference, but the idea of a page that just lists every product would be dead handy for lots of reasons. I'll pass that on to the development team.

Comment

i've acheived a quick order form using duplicates, as product references are not appropriate for the site is question, site only has 50 products so it wasn't too onerous a task

Comment

Jo,
            Did you not feel like tackling the product list layout idea as I posted?

e.g.

Code:
            <actinic:block type="EntireSectionList" >
            	<actinic:block type="ProductList" >
            		<actinic:variable name="ProductLayout" value="Compact Layout Using CSS" />
            	</actinic:block>
            </actinic:block>
            drop that in a page and you'll quickly see how you can do it - no duplicates required.
            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

Sorry Fergus, at the time i was in a "I don't want to think mood" and having already created dups and my quick order form, i couldn't be bothered to try anything else.

maybe when i feel more lively and adventurous i will!

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                maybe when i feel more lively and adventurous i will!
                I've seen teh action shots of you jumping about in the surf! I thought you were always lively and adventurous?

Anyway, it will work. I'm not even sure this needs to be added as a "feature" - just possibly as a predefined layout Chris?"
                Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

I've managed to list all products by copying the sitemap layout, changing it, adding block ifs for duplicates, and doing a few tweaks in the section list. Works for me on my engraving site
                  "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

More requirements for dynamic quick order page.

We have about 1000 items in the catalogue, and so listing all items on one page is not really going to make it a good customer experience.

I am interested in allowing the buying to type in a list of catalogue items, and then return a page with them listed (with qty 1 as default if in stock), so that they can then just hit add to card button.

This is just one page, but will have to be Perl generated, and I don't know how to do that.

Creating a static page is not really suitable.

Comment

if you mean allowing them to add to cart using the product reference, then Drillpine has an add-on which allows this.
                      It'd be a start, perhaps?
                      Tracey

Comment

Is it ironic to have a quick order form and four page checkout.

*waters his daffodils*
                        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Not really the answer

The customer usually orders between 5-10 items although occasionally they order a lot more. What is really required is a single page with 10 boxes for product number and 10 boxes next to them for quantity. Then an option to add more, or go to checkout.

Comment

Originally posted by erin View Post
                            The customer usually orders between 5-10 items although occasionally they order a lot more. What is really required is a single page with 10 boxes for product number and 10 boxes next to them for quantity. Then an option to add more, or go to checkout.
                            Isn't this what the 'Compact' product layout is for - at least I thought it was because that's what I'm using it for. Though your latter functions I'm not so sure about, though I'm not quite sure what you mean

Comment

Working...
                            X