Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loyalty Points Scheme (Like GAME.co.uk's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loyalty Points Scheme (Like GAME.co.uk's)

Either as a feature of Actinic already or a plugin i'd like to be able to offer a Loyalty Scheme to my customers. This is already available as a mod for a competitors cart software, but I'd would like to use Actinic V9 when it's out.

Here's some text quoted from the mod available:

This module has many benefits and can make a considerable difference to your site by giving the customer an incentive to return and buy more products.It works by using a product for points system e.g the more thats spent the more points you get, in return which can be used to buy or reduce the price of your next purchase.

Feature

* Set Your Own Scheme (Default = 1 point for every Unit spent ie. £1,$1. 1 point = 0.01)
    * Points redeemable at checkout
    * Ability to bulk add points to all customers accounts
    * Manage Points in individual accounts
    * Points allocated automatically when orders are confirmed
    * Points allocated manually on Print Order Form etc.
    Is this possible with Actinic please?

Hi there - as you may have guessed from the resounding silence, this is not possible in Actinic, but I have added it to the wish list for you.

Comment

my only suggestion past the lack of feature in actinic, would be to set up a chain of coupon codes, worth different amounts off. get someone to write some sort of backend system that uses catalog data, and then use the coupon codes to give them cash off items.

Comment

Loyalty points

This is a brilliant idea.
        I would love to see it, it would help to promote return visits from customers enormously, and isn't making our sites "sticky" one thing we all try to do?
        The discount vouchers idea is already in Actinic Business, surely it would not be too to go "one step beyond" this to the loyalty scheme?
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

I like the idea, but also would like to see single use vouchers aswell but i understand these are not simple changes

D

Comment

Having recently implemented a loyalty points scheme on one of our sites we can say that they do lead to great customer retention and repeat business.
            Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

Comment

I also wondered about this, as another company using Actinic in our field of business offer this. Why should I promote their business by giving a live link? I shouldn't, because I'm a crude b*****d.

http:// www. forsyth4 .co.uk

Have fun

Comment

Although Forsyth's scheme is really a 'sign up for our newsletter and receive 2.5% off all future purchases'.

i..e not a points scheme as the OP requested.

The fixed discount is very easy to create as a discount code in Actinic. All you then need to do is create a new one every now and then and email it to your 'loyalty' members to stop the old one being re-used all the time.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

MMmmm, I have a customer wanting to switch away from Actinic to get this functionality. Did it, or any similar functionality get added in v9?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Spiral View Post
                    Did it, or any similar functionality get added in v9?
                    No.

v9 is essentially v8 with a new interface and MOTO forms for offline sales.

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

hmmm guess another slips away

Comment

OK, thanks chaps. Shame as I would have liked to keep them on Actinic if possible...

Comment

As I see it there are two key parts to developing a workable solution for this.

One, we need a way for Actinic to accept part payments for an order just before going to the chosen payment method. Once this functionality exists it would be relatively easy to build on a system that could be used for loyalty schemes, discount vouchers, gift vouchers, etc.

The second part of the system (ActiPoints, ActiVouchers, etc) would be a fairly simple backend system that would keep track of loyalty points, gift vouchers, etc and enable them to be used as part payment for an order.

The order in Actinic on the PC would probably show up as 'partial payment received' until the additional payment was manually added by the user. This could be done by renaming one of the existing payment options so it might be that there's no great development work needed here. ( I'm being optimistic here I know).

I still don't think there's a huge effort needed for this to be posible. And it would be a very valuable add-on.

Mike

Comment

There is at least one current Actinic site that runs a loyalty scheme and I think a plugin developer tried to develop and sell such a system it but as I understand it there wasn't enough take up.

Regards,
                            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                            Multichannel order processing
                            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X