Credit/Debit Card Surcharges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit/Debit Card Surcharges

Surcharge on credit cards but not on debit cards.

Currently only able to have a surcharge on both or no surchage on both.

From past post a number of users are interested in this feature, so please can we have some votes for this one.

Carefully check your merchant agreement to make sure are allowed to charge extra when you offer their payment means. In the past I recall that cc purchases had to be treated as cash purchases by some banks and adding extra charges to cover costs might contravene your agreement.

Comment

Duncan is correct. Just like every other online payment provider, fees are the 'sellers' responsibility, not the buyers. If the fees are an issue, raise your prices to encorporate your running costs. That's the only thing you can do if you want to continue accepting credit card payments.

Regards,
      Grant

Comment

If that be the case, im not arguing here just making an observation, when i book plane tickets i get charged more for credit cards than debit cards, Same as when you book holidays

So i guess this is allowed, how it is or who says you can i have no idea.

D

Comment

Or find another card processor with better rates if you think it is costing you too much

Comment

Working...
          X