Automatically append backup titles with the time of backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatically append backup titles with the time of backup

when making multiple backups of a site, for example today I've made nine so far on one site, it would really be a help to have the time added to a title, to save me forgetting to add it! This way it would be possible to differentiate easily between the various backups.
    And while I'm on backups, it would be great if V9 would direct them to a defined file location rather than defaulting to the folder used for the main site. Anyone who backs up to the same folder the site's on rather than externally needs their head looking at....
    Ben
    http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Originally posted by Fairyglass
    have the time added
    Please add my vote for this also.

Glad it is not just myself that thinks backing up to the same folder has potential pitfalls http://community.actinic.com/showpos...33&postcount=1

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

there is already a wish list thread for this I seem to remember but I will add my vote here too

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
        there is already a wish list thread for this I seem to remember but I will add my vote here too
        Careful Mal - you will accused of bumping your post count

Bikster

Comment

just smashed my iPhone so no worries there!

Comment

You been trying to get the touch interface to work using those Bridgestone's again?

Bikster

Comment

just smashed my iPhone so no worries there!
              was that a temper tantrum now you've seen the price has been reduced by £100!

Comment

Impacts with desk corners are to be avoided IMO. The repair bill is £200 so its cheaper to get a new one now as jo says the price has been dropped do get rid of stock before the new version comes out. My 6 year old is happy because she is getting the cast off.

Comment

Just to get back to the original wish list request, I've raised a bug about always resetting to the same folder, and have suggested that we add the ability to store a different 'backup directory' on a site by site basis.

Comment

Working...
                  X