Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrades

Is it not possible to find some way around Actinic over-writing our PROTX files every time we do an upgrade?? It's a real pain having to manually replace files that we didn't want, or NEED to have changed.
    Like the old saying "If it aint broke, don't fix it."
    Why, why, why does Actinic insist on over-writing perfectly good files?
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

no answer to your Q cos i don't use protx, but i advise you remove your email address unless you want it to be harvested and spammed

Comment

Thanks for comment, I don't usually leave it where it can be harvested--must have had a funny five minutes.
      Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
      www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Why, why, why does Actinic insist on over-writing perfectly good files
        Problem is that old versions may not be compatable when used with the upgraded version of the site. Other perl file customisations are also lost when you upgrade so its a case of unless you need to upgrade then think twice.

This also affects users eg designers with multiple sites as an upgrade will cause all the sites to loose protx. there is a wish list to separate the protx files from the shared file they are in at the moment. But I agree protx is a pain and I dread the words Protx and Upgrade when used with the same site. Its only protx that has this problem others like HSBC you just need to configure and forget.

Comment

I would think a feasible solution for this would be to put the information that is put into the OCCProtxScriptTemplate into Actinic instead.
          So rather than entering the email address (if used) and secret key into the template, we could enter them into the payment method configuration instead?
          This might be a better way of preventing the whole over-writing palaver.
          Tracey

Comment

Hi Steve et al.

I have passed on all your comments to the developers. Even though Protx originally came up with the integration, I'm sure there must be a way we can tweak it to save all the details in the Actinic db rather than in the .pl files themselves.

Comment

I'm sure there must be a way we can tweak it to save all the details in the Actinic db
              It would be a huge help to designers like me who have many sites using protx as they all have to be updated following every upgrade.

Comment

Working...
              X