Open Actinic Stylesheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Actinic Stylesheet

Although I applaud the addition of this feature, why is it not available on the content tab too? Design doesn't just have to occur on the design tab in my eyes, a quick venture into the CSS shouldn't require a click onto the design tab to go use the facility. V9 is a bit clickey for me, i'd like to see some focus on reducing the clicks necessary where possible please. The button should of course be greyed out if 'design changes' are not allowed.

Originally posted by leehack View Post
    V9 is a bit clickey for me
    That should be the thread title!

The amount of work needed to perform basic everyday functions (from a designer and shop owner viewpoint) is a royal pain and over complicated.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

its very clicky IMO. I don't know why the GUI was changed from the v8 version. The other problem I now find is that its more difficult to discuss things on the phone with clients as 8 and 9 are different and my little brain is finding it hard to cope with 7 8 and 9. Please can we revert back to the same layout as v8.

Comment

whilst i no longer use the software on a daily basis, i was playing with v9 yesterday, and noticed the separate open stylesheet button. I had forgotten that this was hidden away in the drop down box for pagetype so without this thread i may well completely disregarded this as a new addition.

It is worth noticing and acknowledging the small improvements which have been added as a result of designer comments. So whilst we are saying its not quite perfect - it is better

Just like the addition of the design wizard... shame it builds tables and not css - but it is a step in the right direction - i like it

Comment

being able to edit the css in the editor of your choice would be a nice option, or have i missed this somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
            being able to edit the css in the editor of your choice would be a nice option, or have i missed this somewhere.
            Add your own stylesheet to do this.

Comment

i do, i mean in actinic being able to say what program you want to edit the style sheet with, much like i specify what editors i use in my ftp program

so right click and instead of look up in style sheet have another option that says open, and the program you want is configured in actinic

does that make sense, probably not

Comment

just noticed the export snapshot - it calls the snapshot by sitename and date

shame they didn't add time

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                  just noticed the export snapshot - it calls the snapshot by sitename and date

shame they didn't add time
                  I noticed this too, although it's a bit of a clanger tbh. The snapshot operation does not recall where you last saved the snapshot and you have to browse to the location each time (laborious and clickey), otherwise it saves within the site1 folder. I save all mine to a different location outside of the actinic installation and then backup this location daily as an example.

Also as you move away to locate where you want to store the snapshot, it actually loses the name and date and becomes anonymous. A good effort at being helpful though I agree.

Comment

Tis true and there is a wish thread around here asking for it to be changed as mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                      I noticed this too, although it's a bit of a clanger tbh. The snapshot operation does not recall where you last saved the snapshot and you have to browse to the location each time (laborious and clickey), otherwise it saves within the site1 folder. I save all mine to a different location outside of the actinic installation and then backup this location daily as an example.

Also as you move away to locate where you want to store the snapshot, it actually loses the name and date and becomes anonymous. A good effort at being helpful though I agree.
                      Keep up Lee - these are fast changing times http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=36874

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                      X