Inconsistencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inconsistencies

does anyone else find it really annoying that the layouts for BS and NPs are listed in a different order within site options.

Wouldn't it be more in keeping with "Don't make me think" to list the 4 items in the same order for both features?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
    Wouldn't it be more in keeping with "Don't make me think" to list the 4 items in the same order for both features?
    Behave yourself with suggestions like that... it is what makes Actinic so lovely in the first place.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

LOL yes this always gets me too.

Comment

Drives me bonkers - its been like that for years. It must be a simple fix

Comment

The coder's having a quiet giggle reading this right now.

Comment

Ok you you think it is actinic developers revenge?

cos its working

Comment

Variables get listed in Site Options in alphabetical order of prompt - which sort of makes sense - but it means that the labels you pick for them are very important. That little beauty was added in after most of Site Options was designed (hence it's all a bit of a jumble) but you'll see I tried to make use of it with the Design Wizard panel.

Anyway, feel free to reword the prompts in order save your sanity.

Comment

ok so why don't you call them the same ie prefix them all with Best sellers or New products (inc location) so they are the same order.

Its abit sloppy..... because some of the prompts have best seller and others best sellers - the alpha list is mangled...and does not match New products where all propmts are plural

If we rename them do they re sort?

Comment

Hi Jo - are you talking about the variables listed under 'Best Sellers List' and 'New Products List' in 'Site Options | Settings'? They are in alphabetical order of the prompts (not the variable names) so I think we must be talking about two different areas.

Comment

Chris, i've just editted my previous post as it was abit harsh to ask if you were in another alphabetical universe to the rest of us...

Comment

whats and alphabet

Comment

Working...
                      X