X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduled web site refresh

Hi.
    I will be surprised if I'm the first to suggest this, but;
    How about a scheduled refresh / update facility?
    so we can go home and leave Actinic to do it's thing at say 03:00 when no-one is likely to place an order?
    Of course you would only use it if you were sure you had no errors or glitches - but if you had you would not upload anyway?
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

This can be done but not from the vanilla Actinic box ... Jan has a utility that can do this or you can write a batch file to upload and place that into scheduled tasks under windows.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

If you go to help and enter "command line" you will see all the switches ... noticeably:

"C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Catalog.exe" /d /u

/d = download
      /u = upload

Bikster

Comment

Only problem I see with this is I quite often get asked to switch to upload by FTP halfway through. If you aren't there it wont finish until you get back in morning.
        Or occasionally it just stops uploading then you do not know if its successful
        Gary

Comment

You can use our Automation mole to do this (it handles any error dialogs that pop up), more details and a free trial at this URL :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...r-Actinic.html

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I see the solution offered but would like this to be built-in.

Is it not just one more dialogue box:

[Publish to Web] [Now / in (xx) hours] [OK]

and the same goes for scheduled backups. V9.05 automatically raises snapshot filenames based on date.

[Publish to Web] [Now / at xx hours / at xx.xx daily]
            [Snapshot] [Now / at xx hours / at xx.xx daily]
            [Publish to Web followed by Snapshot] [Now / at xx hours / at xx.xx daily]

My system works much faster when there is nobody else online.

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

A scheduled upload will become very important when the VAT changes back to 17.5% on 1st Jan 2010.

Unless you want to spend your time on new years eve sat in front of the PC waiting for big ben to chime and then hit the upload button.

Peter
              Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Comment

Originally posted by printerbase View Post
                Unless you want to spend your time on new years eve sat in front of the PC waiting for big ben to chime and then hit the upload button.
                Do you click upload on the first "bong" or the last "bong"??? I am inclined to go on the first. We need a poll for this.

Bikster

Comment

Surely it needs to be:

[Bong] - [Typical upload time] - [If (MobileAccess) Then + n]

Where n is a number to allow for difficulty getting connected due to mass drunken phone calling to wish friends and family a happy new year.

Mike
                  -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Just wondering if the command line prompt or the Molend software will bypass the Actinic "you have coding errors - do you wish to proceed?" or will it stall at this prompt?

Additonally (could be another thread) my Acitnic closes down by itself after a while if it hasn't been used - is this normal? Either way, is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

Comment

Working...
                    X