Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Selection When Launching Actinic

I know this has come up before but...

I would like to be able to select the site I want when I launch Actinic - not after the program has already loaded up the last used database.

You can still have a default site to allow automation and reports to run but an option at launch that can be bypassed to select a site.

I'd go for this too, even if just the sites window appeared to give you the choice.

Comment

I'd rather have a complete re-design of how Actinic handles the multisite option. Switching from one to another (in business use) takes far too long. Well, when a customer is on the dog n bone it does.

I bet theres people out there with maybe three (or more) different sites on different versions so that they can have them `open` at the same time.

Just my humble of course.
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
        dog n bone
        i thought you were a scotsman G not an eastender

But i would like this option aswell

D

Comment

Me too please boyo...

Diolch!

Well I thought as we are identifying ethnicity in posts now, I'd hop on the band wagon.

P.S No bloody Sheep Jokes...

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
          Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

This can be done already by keeping a few shortcuts on the desktop and adding the /s "Site1" to each's command line.

See the Help for Command Lines for more switches.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

That works a treat, thank you!

Army Gore-tex
              Winter Climbing Mitts
              webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
              Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Wow - that fix has opened up a whole area of windows I wasn't even aware of! I always thought you could only create shortcuts to documents or .exe's
                The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

It's a good one, and to be honest it has helped me out a few times when actinic has trashed a site and i need to restart to a site that works.

I would still like the feature in actinic rather than litter my desktop with icons, its already flooded with stuff, im sure i am for ever deleting them but it never gets any cleaner.

Comment

We need a VB guru to knock up an interface with a button for each site.

Comment

Agreed a simple bit of VB that reads the registry for the configured sites and allows a selection. Then launches Actinic with the relevant switches to open the site. Would also need to be able to enter the Actinic Version so that it would know which set of registry keys to look at.
                      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\CatalogX
                      "SiteList"="Site1", "Site2".....

Piece of cake for those in the know...?

Comment

Working...
                      X