Free Product with Orders Over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Product with Orders Over...

I beleive this has been mentioned before, but would it be possible to have a promo feature added where a product held within Actinic could be added to a shopping basket for free is a customer reached a certain Cart Value?

Thanks.

P.S. Lee, get learning...

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

LOL Rich if this happens within the next 5 years, i will stick to my end of the bargain.

Comment

4 Years 364 Days 23 Hours and 59 Minutes to go...

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

It is possible!

Hi, I actually called support about this 2 months ago and it is possible.

1. Go to Marketing > Discounts and surcharges settings

2. Click the 'Cart Contents' Tab, Click 'New' and enter the name of your promotion.

3. Within the 'Cart contents' page click the 'General' Tab

4. Tick the 'Enabled' box and then in 'Based On' choose 'Value Including Actual Tax' and in 'Trigger' put in the price in which you want the free item to be included to the order.

5. If you want the free gift to be included only if the customer has a coupon code then click the coupon code box and enter the relevant code. Or if you want it to be included regardless then ignore the coupon code section.

6. In 'Product Groups' there should be a drop down list where you have created certain groups. If you want this discount to apply to your entire inventory then you should select that group (if you have not already created your own product group for your entire inventory then click the 'Product Groups' button on the top right hand side of the window, which will open a new window. In this new window click the 'New' button and give the group an appropriate name (i.e. My Entire Inventory). Then from the list on the right hand side select 'All Products' from the drop down menu and then add all your products to the 'Members' list section. Click OK and then return to Marketing > Discounts and surcharges settings > Cart Contents and select that Product Group from the drop down menu)

7. From the 'Reward Type' select '% off extra Product' and under 'Reward Amount' type in '100'

8. Then tick the 'Product' radio button, and from the drop down list select the product which you want to give away for free, then tick the 'Only one reward per order' button.

Then upload the site, test through checkout and it should work fine.

I hope that helps.

Helen

Comment

Hi Helen
          Good post - I've been trying exactly that, but when I do, the free product doesn't display in the cart, and a message says:
          'Get a product free by adding it to the cart'

Any ideas why it's not working? Or what I need to do?

I actually created a dummy hidden product called Free Gift because we want to be able to decide what gift to send them... (in case of out of stocks etc), could it be because it's a hidden product that it's not working... or is there some other issue?

I was hoping that it would automatically show up in the cart as Free Gift
          Nigel
          Actinic user with history
          www.nigelsecostore.com

Comment

Ok, I've worked out one bit of it - un hiding the Free Gift product makes it show up in the cart, although visitors still have to go to the page to add to basket to get the free gift, rather than it being automatically added, problem is now that it's possible to keep adding as many as they like....
            Nigel
            Actinic user with history
            www.nigelsecostore.com

Comment

In the options when you set up the discounts etc there is an option that allows you to specify that the discount or whatever is only applied once.
              Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
              www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

free gift

Hi,

I am offering a free gift of a first aid kit with any purchase of two or more maps.

The problem I have is that the first aid kit is not for sale - purely a promotional item. Initially, I set the first aid kit up as a product with a nominal 1p price, and hid it on the website. I had thought that the product would automatically be added to the shopping basket once the customer had met the required criteria, but as above, this does not happen.

I can't offer the first aid kit for sale, and in order for cutomers who qualify to see it at the checkout they would need to add it to their basket. I could of course just send it to qualifying customers without it appearing in the basket, but think this looks a bit unprofessional, and even if I put a note on the site to this effect would get people contacting me to ask where it was!.

- any ideas?

Thanks,

Rosalyn
                www.guidepost.uk.com

Comment

Hi Rosalyn
                  We did this on our site successfully (although it's not on there now, so I can't show you an example)
                  The steps were:
                  • Create an extra subsection in your Actinic product tree that won't be shown in the section list on the left (most sites only show 1 level of sections, so a 2nd level subsection won't show up on every page, although you could still get to it via the site map)
                  • Create the free product (in your case, the first aid kit) in this 'hidden' sub-section
                  • Edit the text shown in the cart (i.e. 'Get a product free by adding it to the cart') in Design -> Text to include an 'add to basket' link for the product (you may need to refer to the Advanced User Guide to see how to define an 'add to basket' from anywhere on your site)

Now when the customer meets the criteria in your Discounts setting ( in our case, it was cart value > £30) they get a link directly in the cart so they add it there and then without having to browse for it.
                  Worked fine for us. We also changed the formatting of the 'Get a product free by Clicking Here to add it to the cart' text to bold red so that it was obvious to the customer.
                  Hope this helps.
                  ActiveStock
                  On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
                  **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
                  Free 30 Day Trial
                  ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Hi,

I noticed this thread:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=41105

Might be worth giving them a call, looks to work well in the demo.
                    Many Thanks
                    Lee
                    Landscape Garden Machinery, Power Tools and Safety Equipment

Comment

Working...
                    X