Variables as Textfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variables as Textfield

The ability to define a variable as a multi-line textbox would be a nice addition. Rather than trying to write lots of code witin the single line field that all text variables get at present.
    Ben Adcock
    Caged Fish Web Design

Good suggestion. I've passed it to the development team.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

I like this idea too, my only concern is that however many lines you get, it is never enough. Hows about a facility where a variable can be defined as a text file and it's content are read and displayed. The software could handle the creation and naming of the text file and just open it like we get in the zoom window on the description fields.

Comment

[QUOTE=leehack;247642]I like this idea too, my only concern is that however many lines you get, it is never enough. QUOTE]

Surely allowing a textfield variable to be a MEMO field within the Actinic Database should allow as many lines as you need.

Would that contribute to upload time if it created more textfiles. Imagine a food shop with 1000 products and an ingredients textfile / product?
        Ben Adcock
        Caged Fish Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by mediacat View Post
          Surely allowing a textfield variable to be a MEMO field within the Actinic Database should allow as many lines as you need.
          I am talking about the facility to input text into the field and be able to see 'a lot' of what you have input. I'm not talking about the field size in the database. If you have memo setting but can only see 3 words or even 3 lines of a few paragraphs, it's not much use.

Originally posted by mediacat View Post
          Would that contribute to upload time if it created more textfiles. Imagine a food shop with 1000 products and an ingredients textfile / product?
          I think we are at crossed purposes here, what you refer to above is what you would do in the product description field surely, with the no size limit and also the zoom facility already there. I am talking about being able to create a variable, add more than 3 or 4 words and still be able to visibly and easily maintain the info in that field.

Comment

Apologies for the crossed wires Lee,

My original idea was to define a custom variable as a description box so to say.

However I do see the benefits of your suggestion too and do agree that no matter how big the text box is it is never big enough.
            Ben Adcock
            Caged Fish Web Design

Comment

Has anyone made any progress with this one?

Or does anyone else have any ideas?

I'd really like to have a text box big enough to see what I'm typing or pasting while using a text variable.

Any ideas, anyone?

thanks
              david

Comment

Has anyone made any progress with this one?
                This has been added to the wish-list. There is no workaround I'm afraid.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

I remember asking for this a year and a half ago. I suggested that right-click and then the "Zoom" option like the existing Product Description uses would be a good way to implement it.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Great idea. I am struggling a lot as I'd like my sections to have multiple text areas that I can place in different section of my layout.

If that helps - another request to support viewing such variables in the content tab - preferably with WYSIWYG editor

Comment

Working...
                    X