Alternative Network Settings for Test Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative Network Settings for Test Server

I want to be able to test my site on a local apache server.

To do this it would save a lot of time and effort if it were possible to specify two different sets of network server settings.

John
    John Legg
    The Debug Store

sigpic
    http://www.TheDebugStore.com

It only takes a few seconds to import new settings, you can also export your existing settings, just put them into a text file as you can with your alternative settings. It really is a quick change. Import and export buttons in network settings are your friend.

Comment

true, Lee but it would be nice to have direct access to a 'list' of network settings rather than doing the export/import thing.
      I'll add my vote to this.
      Tracey

Comment

Am I missing something here but whats wrong with the inbuilt test site

Comment

It's a feature that would hardly ever be used though surely, even if they are defined in actinic, you'd still have to choose them from the list. That is only a couple of seconds quicker than locating a network settings file i'd have thought.

Comment

Its not something Ive ever wanted TBH

Comment

I think this is supposed to be a 'wish list suggestions' forum, NOT an 'I don't want this' forum
              Tracey

Comment

NO - its for people to post an idea and others to vote ie yes or no. Otherwise how will actinic know what users want the most.

You can vote YES or NO to a posted wish.

Comment

so do you think the deduct a yes for every no posted then?
                  Tracey

Comment

so do you think the deduct a yes for every no posted then
                    I hope they do otherwise how will they know what people really want.

500 people vote yes = it gets added to the software
                    1 yes & 499 no = it does not get added

Comment

that's a pretty lame example because one vote wouldn't get something added anyway, would it?
                      Tracey

Comment

You just out for an argument today or what - all I said was people can vote yes or no to a posted wish, so what point are you trying to make. That every single idea on the wish list should be added to the software - that too is a lame idea IMO.

When the wish list was first started the whole idea was that a person came up with and idea and others could discuss it and vote if they would like it added to the software. Actinic towers could then get an idea of what thier customers wanted to see added and how many of them would be interested in having it added.

On this thread an idea was posted I asked for clarification and then said that it was not something I would use. So we have two votes for adding it and two votes for not adding it = the idea is not added (or if actinic think its good then they can still add it) its called democracy

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                          You just out for an argument today or what
                          sure. Why not?
                          Cold, dark Sundays are SO boring. Just thought I'd liven it up a bit
                          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
                            Cold, dark Sundays are SO boring.
                            Put the light on or get a torch.

Comment

sure. Why not?
                              you teeeeeeeese

Comment

Working...
                              X