Image file management.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image file management.

How about Actinic being able to spot old unused image files in the site folder, and tag them for deletion, and having the ability to delete them (or at least send them to the recycle bin) from inside actinic?
    Maybe not everyone would use it, but I frequently update or refresh images, & it's a right pain in the ***** finding the old ones and deleting them.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Snapshot the site, delete all the images and then import the snapshot. A snapshot only contains the images the site is using, therefore your work is done easily for you.

Comment

Personally I'd also take a backup of the complete Site1 folder as well - just in the remote case the snapshot doesn't contain the images.

Comment

Good suggestion Lee-thanks for that, but it would be nice if you could do it without messing with snapshots.
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

Comment

Messing with snapshots is a daily occurrence with actinic, i do know where you are coming from though, it's a workaround rather than a great solution. I'd always backup the image folder too for precaution.

Comment

Yes Lee, snapshots are a daily (or even more frequent) part of Actinic life I'm paranoid about frequent snapshots. I lost a lot of work in the early days for lack of one-never again. I'm not anti your solution, it's good, its simple, and it works, I just think its "messy"-it adds more steps to something that could be easier. (Plus snapshots on my site can take about 30 min.)
            Steve Griggs.

Comment

Working...
            X