Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product prices using a table and variables

Hello all

My apologies if this has been requested before, or if it's a feature already available in Catalog.

The Catalog basket I maintain for a client consists of 10's of products at the same price, and with the current economic climate we're making changes to prices more frequently to try and stimulate sales. However, this means having to change the price for each of these products individually.

While this isn't a massive task, it would be useful if prices (and possibly weights) could be defined in something like a price table, and associated variables could then be used (as an option) to define product prices.

For example, if some of my products were £9.99, instead of having to specify £9.99 as the price for each product, I could use the variable 'price x'. That way, it only takes a single change to 'price x' in the table when wanting to change the price of all £9.99 products, as the new price would propogate through all products using the variable 'price x'.

I hope that makes sense !!

Kind Regards

Ash

You could use spreadsheets with which you can either do external linking or format your own hierarchical/flat file imports. You do not need to do things manually, have a look in the help for more details on imports.

Comment

if your lazy, and have a spare couple of quid, then you could use this:

http://www.teclan.com/video/TASK_part1_publish.html

Comment

Hello both

Thanks for your time with the helpful replies.

I'll take a look at both options as it would be far more efficient than copying/pasting identical prices for numerous products as I do now !!

Kind Regards

Ash

Comment

Working...
        X