Fix order variables once order is confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix order variables once order is confirmed

Currently, Actinic continues to use the database tables for order variables such as shipping, VAT, product price (not sure about this one), etc, even once the order has been confirmed.

This means that if any of these change at a later date (such as we've had recently with VAT) that the order will screw up if it's ever opened again. I've also had this problem with orders accepted from Countries that are no longer in the shipping tables.

Clearly this is not the way it should work. Once an order is confirmed, the product prices, shipping charge, VAT, etc should be set to the value that exists at that time rather than than any future ones. i.e. the link to the values in the tables should be replaced with the numerical value that exists at the time the order is confirmed.

This will prevent problems with orders being opened sometime in the future AND will allow way for one-off changes to be made to existing orders (such as changing the shipping destination) without having to create a new shipping policy or Actinic getting confused.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

I agree!!

I liked this line, btw
    Actinic getting confused.
    Permanent state, I think
    Tracey

Comment

Working...
    X