Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

single use discount

hi,

I know this has been asked for and mentioned many times, but to keep it on the current list, I think we need the following options in the discount facility

1. Checkbox for - Single use only discount
    2. Checkbox for - Gift Certificate (use until spent)

At the least surely there is the possibility of Single use discounts, as you could set up the discount name as the gift cert number and manually re-issue lesser gift certificates if not all the gift amount was spent.

I've seen on the forums the workarounds people have thought about for this, when it does seem like it should be relatively simple to add.

I'm not a programmer but surely you could add another field that is checked the first time the discount was used, then simply allow use of a discount if that field was blank or refuse it if it was checked.
    Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

well, as you said, its a tough one to do.

i tend to think it needs to be done at the payment provider level.

the integration kit costs 1000£ as far as i remember, this will be the reason that its not implemented thus far.

a coupon system needs to be tightly integrated, and sadly actinic is a rather awkward closed api-less system.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe View Post
      well, as you said, its a tough one to do.

Perhaps, but its still something that is `normal` on webby sites nowadays. Innit.

*adds slip with X on*
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

If actinic gives me appropriate information, and assistance about making a psp, then i'll look into it, or if someone out there knows perl, and is willing to lend a hand, then i'll double look into it.

I *can* do it, if i have more in depth knowledge about the way actinic integrates with a psp, at the checkout.

Comment

Working...
        X