Minimising Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimising Actinic

I would like to be able to minimise Actinic whilst it's doing intensive tasks such as importing, creating a snapshot or uploading.

Not having access to the desktop properly during these activities makes it difficult to continue working on something else.

I know you can minimise all but you can't maximise any other window without Actinic also maximising. It would be better to be able to send it to the system tray when busy and just see a pop up message if need be.

I've noticed that too
    You can get to the desktop but trying to bring up another window over that just bring back Actinic again
    It's a pain, add my vote too!
    Tracey

Comment

Agreed - the issue here is the 'box' (for uploading/snapshots, etc) is run as a separate applet by the look of things while the Actinic window is being run as a background process, therefore you cannot minimise either. I've always found if I press Ctrl+Alt+Del and select Actinic in the Applications tab, right click and Minimise, Actinic seems to go into 'Not Responding' mode and uploads/backups take even longer.

Comment

Annoying I agree, but alt-tab is your friend.

Comment

Yes.
          Gets my vote, that would be a big help.
          ALT-TAB may be my friend, but I do like my desktop as well.
          Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
          www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Alt-Tab doesn't help in this case though
            Scenario, Actinic is uploading and I want to drag something from desktop to a folder (removeable drive/card, for example)

I 'show desktop' and click on folder in taskbar.
            Up pops Actinic too.

I 'alt-tab' to folder
            Up pops Actinic too

It's a pain
            Tracey

Comment

Wait, I've got a breakthrough, I know the solution.

With Actinic as the front window (of course, you wouldn't have it any other way), click the 'Cancel' button when doing an upload/backup/download - then click that white X surrounded in a small red box. You'll find it in the top-right corner. That's the permanent solution. For the temporary solution, click the white hyphen which is surrounded in the blue box, again, in the top right corner. RESULT

Comment

Grant, you forgot "drag to recycle bin and empty"
                Much more permanent than your temporary permanent solution
                Tracey

Comment

I was going to mention that part but then I remembered I'd have to post a guide on how to download and install a Registry-fix piece of software to remove all the nasties and that sounded very boring. Lol.

Comment

sod that, who cares anyway? LOL

(I'm actually not so far from a 'permanent fix' myself...of a different sort!)
                    Tracey

Comment

glue or drugs?

Comment

Maybe she's going to break the alcohol ban?

Army Gore-tex
                        Winter Climbing Mitts
                        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

oh ha ha!
                          all good suggestions, of course!
                          Tracey

Comment

I assure you solvent abuse won't solve (hah!) anything. The hallucinations won't do anything for you - this really is standard Actinic behaviour!

Comment

Windows key/start key and D, this minimises all programs to the taskbar.
                              Actinic goes an insipid shade of white then only the the small snapshot window floats on your desktop.
                              Donna

Common sense is not that common.

Comment

Working...
                              X