An Actinic Make Over Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Actinic Make Over Tool

Just to check for any pages that have meta tags, or page titles etc missing.

Just brainstorming really.

ps, can the meta tags be filled in by default, as opposed to blank? Would that not be better?
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

i have indeed written such a tool. it does much more.

it was designed to correct horrifically messy image paths, and move them to the right places, saving a lot of work.

its derived from code that i'v alraedy pasted here on the forum, yonks ago.

it produces reports on things like dupe tags, dupe titles and also trouble symbols and such.

i'll shot the code out here someplace, i only really used it to scan some databases, the code is a bloody mess.

Comment

A System Mechanic for Actinic if you like.

Maybe thats taking it too far.

I dunno.
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

ps, can the meta tags be filled in by default, as opposed to blank? Would that not be better?
        Meta description can be filled from product description.

Meta keywords are pretty well redundant (just use them for reference)

Page Titles are the important one and can be autofilled from product name but for the best SEO practise i'd always advise spending that little bit of time to hand craft page titles

Comment

I would go along with that, since I started manually editing page titles for SEO we have seen an increase in traffic & sales (along with some other SEO work)
          Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
          www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X