Discount an Amount Not Just %

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount an Amount Not Just %

A client some times gives MOTO discount depending on his mood and the product in question.

At the moment he has to find the magic % discount of the total order, inc postage, that gives him the right valued discout.

Just wanted a little drop down or checkbox that changed the discount option from % to an actual amount.

Pretty please?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Have you tried Business Settings | Order Processing | Offline Order Processing | Tick: "Allow Unit Price Override"?

Chris

Comment

I'm surprised to discover you can't add an adjustment item in the moto form.

Surely that would be useful for things like negotiated discounts or special requests like "can you gift wrap that and deliver by midday tomorrow, I'll pay any extra", etc.

Chris, adjusting the price is great for sales via ebay etc but when a customer has negotiated a £5 discount then you need to be able to show that the discount has been given, not hide it away in a lower product price.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I think that you've got a good point.

There is, however, a counter argument. By changing the price of the actual product you can still get accurate margin reporting on the product in Sage etc.

Possibly another way would be to allow the description to also be over-ridden - so a note of the discount could be made there if required?

Chris

Comment

There is, however, a counter argument. By changing the price of the actual product you can still get accurate margin reporting on the product in Sage etc.
          This of course would only work if it's a single product sale. Most of my sales are for multiple products so doing it this way would make any margin reporting worse as the hit would be taken on just one of them.

Surely any discussion of a discount is going to take the form of "I'll tell you what. If you take an x as well the y then I can...."

Also adjusting the price doesn't help in any of the other circumstances I mention such as one-off services, etc.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

All good points.

Chris

Comment

Working...
            X